Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Home Health
Company: Sutter Health
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Organization:SCAH-Sutter Care at Home - Santa CruzPosition
Overview: -Provides nursing care, under the direct supervision of a
registered nurse (RN) or physician, in accordance with the legal
scope of practice and within established standards of care,
policies, and procedures. Integrates education, technical
competence and patient interaction skills to gain confidence and
cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and other
healthcare providers. Exercises sound judgment, and developed
clinical skills to implement the patient's plan of care based on
the diagnosis in a timely manner. Supports the functionality of the
department by distributing supplies and performing equipment
maintenance, testing, and setup as needed. Adheres to all
local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to
ensure privacy and safety to help deliver optimal patient care.Job
- Other: Graduate of an accredited school of Vocational
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- LVN-Licensed Vocational Nurse
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- 1 year basic clinical and practical experience as typically
acquired in a similar environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic nursing skills, various medical
procedures, views, and equipment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions,
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology,
and medical terminology.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadline.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including
accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting
appropriate solutions from established options.
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other healthcare
providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.Job
Shift:DaysSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:8Days of the Week:Friday,
Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, WednesdayWeekend
Non-ExemptWeekly Hours:40Employee Status:RegularNumber of
Openings:1This position may regularly work, store, prepare,
receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s)
identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National
Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes
of USP 800.Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, Santa Clara , Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Home Health, Healthcare , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!