Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) - Sign on Bonus up to $5000
Company: ProHealth Home Care Inc
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Currently hiring for a Hospice Registered Nurse for Santa Clara, CA
(opportunity to earn $90k - $140k yearly) with multiple
- We are offering a sign on bonus of $5000 for full-time RNs and
$2500 for part-time RNs
- Flexible Schedule - schedule your own visits
- We are also looking for additional after hours and weekend
Hospice RN as well
- Prohealth has 4 office locations servicing the Santa Clara,
Contra Costa, Alameda, San Joaquin, and Sacramento area.
Prohealth Home Care is seeking an empathetic Hospice Registered
Nurse (RN) who will aim to make a positive difference in our
community. Our focus is to provide skilled and dignified care in
the comforts of their home while providing emotional support to our
patients and their families.
About the Company
Prohealth is a locally owned Home Health, Hospice & Palliative Care
agency with 4 locations serving over 12 counties in Northern
California. We maintain an average daily census of over 1800
patients. Being an industry leader for over 15 years, we pride
ourselves in providing exceptional clinical care with compassion to
our patients. Our patient focused care model provides personalized
care, ranging from nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy,
speech therapy, and even registered dietitian.
For more information visit our website
(http://www.prohealthhomecare.com) or to join our family oriented
team with excellent growth opportunities & career advancement, call
or email (hr@prohealthhomecare . com)
Hospice Registered Nurse Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Vision and Dental)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Educational Assistance (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Leadership Development
- Generous Paid vacation, Sick time and Holiday pay
- Referral bonus
- Performance bonus
- Retainment bonus
- $5000 sign on bonus for full-time / $2500 sign on bonus for
- Comprehensive Home Health training
- Additional compensation for advanced certifications and/or
experience in Wound Care, Wound Vac, IV Infusion, etc.
Hospice Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs hospice care and
is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health
education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the
resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the
needs of individual and families within their homes and
- Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing assessments of
patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete
physical assessment and history of current and previous
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of
- Assesses and evaluates patient's status by:
- Writing and initiating plan of care
- Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver
- Participating in revising the plan of care as
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the
patient and the family in the planning process.
Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by
the physician in the physician's plan of care.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and
facilitates the patient's efforts toward self-sufficiency and
optional comfort care.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and
assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned
Hospice Registered Nurse Job Description
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical
notes regarding patient's condition and care given. Records
pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives
physicians' orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to
coordinate the care plan.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques
as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as
ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities
for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works
in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the
- Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members
in providing continuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice
Interdisciplinary Group Members to meet the emotional needs of the
patient and family/caregiver.
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
Hospice Registered Nurse Qualifications:
- Valid RN License to practice in CA
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Valid CA Driver's license
- Minimum of one year nursing experience is preferred
- Med Surg, ICU, ER, Acute Experience, Home Health or Hospice
experience is a plus
***Wound Care experience preferred. ***
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Full Time
LOCATION: Santa Clara, CA
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: ProHealth Home Care Inc, Santa Clara , Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) - Sign on Bonus up to $5000, Healthcare , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!