Medical Social Worker II - Grade 10
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Summary: Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide psychodynamic interventions, crisis intervention,
grief/bereavement counseling, problem solving, stress reduction and
developing healthy coping strategies in individual/family/group
- Responsible for developing and implementing individual Plan of
Treatment which assist patients and families to cope and/or restore
social, emotional, financial and environmental factors which affect
and/or affected by illness.
- Partners with patient to identify needs and develop and
implement individual treatment plan based on mutually agreed upon
- Discuss options for care proactively including Kaiser resources
and external community/government resources to assist patient and
family in developing short and long term care plans as
- Team with other disciplines in assessing, planning and
providing services for patients utilizing biopsychosocial
- Assist patient in advocating for self to receive appropriate
services within Kaiser and in the community.
- Takes, reviews, evaluates and prioritizes written and oral
- Maintains documentation, records and data collections.
- Responsible for completion of required documents in a complete
and timely manner.
- Liaison between patient and Kaiser maintaining positive
relationship with Kaiser and providing for continuity of care.
- Identifies appropriate levels of care and facilities for
referred patients, were applicable. Obtains placements, where
- Collaborate with internal and external resources in Kaiser and
the community to meet mutually agreed upon goals and
- Provides information and referral to community resources as
- Coordinates exchange of information between Kaiser, families,
members and skilled nursing facilities.
- Determines application of Kaiser, Medicare and Medi-Cal
benefits to specific patient situations.
- Assist in coordinating communication between regional offices,
clinics, hospitals, and field staff, triaging of phone calls from
- Works with referral sources to clarify and complete required
clinical and psychosocial information.
- Perform other related duties as necessary. Basic
- Step I: 0 - 2 years social work experience.
- Step II: 2 - 4 years social work experience within the last
five (5) years.
- Step III: 4 or more years social work experience within the
last ten (10) years. Education
- Masters in Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work
Education. License, Certification, Registration
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to work on a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have solid psychosocial assessment skills.
- Knowledge of chronic and acute disease and how it impacts
patient and family functioning.
- Demonstrated excellent oral/telephone communication skills and
- Must be computer-literate and, preferably, experienced in
automated clinical information systems.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively and efficiently handle
demanding workload involving multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently as a
collaborative, supportive team member.
- Must be able to master detailed and complex information
regarding benefits and coordination of care.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement. Preferred
- LCSW preferred.Job Schedule: Job Category: Behavioral Health,
Social Services & Spiritual Care
Keywords: Kaiser, Santa Clara , Medical Social Worker II - Grade 10, Healthcare , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...