Physician Assistant - Primary Care
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: March 20, 2023
***SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE***--Under the direction of a
supervising physician, the Physician Assistant provides high
quality, efficient, team based patient focused care. The Physician
Assistant's responsibilities may include managing patients in the
office, hospital, ED and/or perioperative setting. The Physician
Assistant may be required to First Assist in the OR or perform
other department specific procedures. The Physician Assistant may
also facilitate on call responsibilities for his/her supervising
physician.The Physician Assistant's daily responsibilities may vary
based upon the department & supervising physician needs and may
require evening or weekend work hours.--Essential
- The Physician Assistant will practice as part of a team under
the direction of their supervising physician.
- Primary Duties will be inclusive of the following but not
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination,
and compiles patient medical data, including health history and
results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as imaging
studies, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets
test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections,
immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing
- Performs other department specific diagnostic or therapeutic
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records
progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with
prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development,
family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health
maintenance and other relevant patient education.
- Based upon Specific Specialty, additional duties may include
- Facilitate admissions, transfers, discharges
- First assist in surgeries or perform procedures as
- Round on inpatients
- Performs admission evaluation on patients to include: obtaining
basic medical information and history, reviewing patient's medical
record, performing physical exam, documenting findings into patient
medical record, and reporting deviations from normal findings to
- Provides patient and family with pre-operative/pre-procedure
and other pertinent education.
- Answers questions regarding surgery or procedures, recovery and
risk factor modification; provides blood transfusion information as
applicable; performs peri-operative procedures; locates and
utilizes diagnostic images, instruments and pertinent patient
- Reviews patient chart noting allergies, pertinent medical
history, and abnormal physical findings.
- Assists in performing surgical procedures and other procedures
consistent with the standards of care and practice guidelines:
- Depending on the specialty, may work as the First Assist during
surgical procedures, start IV's, and/or perform suturing.
- Performs post-operative procedures to include --entering
standard post-operative orders into patient medical records;
assists physicians with evaluation and management of patient's
status during recovery; reviews vital signs, laboratory and
diagnostic --studies; assists with --management of patients.
- Facilitates patient discharge; dictates discharge and transfer
summaries in a timely manner.Secondary Functions:
- Schedule may vary to meet operational needs.--Basic
Qualifications:Experience N/AEducation Graduate from an ARC-PA
accredited physician assistant program by start date.License,
Certification, Registration NCCPA certified at time of hire and
maintained throughout career at Kaiser Permanente. California State
Physician Assistant License, issued by Physician Assistant Board
under Medical Board of California by date of hire. BLS
certification required. Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier
(NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date and meet
current Medicare requirements for billing.Additional Requirements:
Fluoroscopy Permit required, or must be obtained within 18 months
from the date of hire in Orthopedics, Interventional Radiology, and
Radiation Oncology only. May be required to have experience and
competency in performing specific tasks required by department.
Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment.Preferred Qualifications: N/AJob Schedule: Job
Category: Physician Assistant, Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, Santa Clara , Physician Assistant - Primary Care, Healthcare , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...