Company: Lkq Corporation
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 22, 2021
As a part of our growth, LKQ is looking for a dedicated and
passionate Delivery Driver with knowledge of replacement parts for
the aftermarket collision repair industry. The Delivery Driver must
have six months driving and warehouse experience with an excellent
driving record. The Delivery Driver will be responsible for
operating a Company vehicle to deliver product to customers. The
Delivery Driver will also be required to manually load and unload
the delivery truck, verify that all parts are loaded and unloaded,
collect payments from customers, obtain signatures from receiving
locations confirming accuracy of parts received, and deliver
returned items back to the branch. If you like driving, growth, and
working with happy, enthusiastic individuals, you'll enjoy a career
with us!--Essential Job Duties:
- Drives a Company vehicle in a safe, courteous, and responsible
- Physically loads Company truck at the branch and verifies the
condition of the truck, the manifest, and other paperwork
associated with the deliveries to be made.
- Drives to the delivery destination, confirms order with
customer, unloads and verifies product, obtains confirmation
signature and payment from customer.
- Makes proper notations on the manifest and provides receipts on
parts being returned from customers to the branch.
- Picks up buy out purchase orders from vendors on vendor "fill
in" purchase orders and delivers parts back to the branch or
- Collects accounts receivable, as necessary.
- Works in such a manner as to prevent shortages and damage to
- Complies with established Company policies and procedures.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- Drivers over 10,001 lbs
- Subject to DOT Procedures - driver logs, unexpired medical
card, etc.Job Requirements:Job Requirements:
- Education and Experience: High School graduate or G.E.D.
equivalent preferred. Some college coursework is desired. Minimum
of six months driving and warehouse operations experience. Possess
a valid driver's license and safe driving record. Driving history
must meet and maintain qualification for Corporate safety program.
Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical
requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations when/as
required. Minimum 21 years of age. In addition to the above,
drivers over 10,001 lbs must maintain a DOT medical card.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of replacement parts for
the aftermarket collision repair industry desired. Ability to
quickly learn and become proficient with the Company's warehouse
and delivery methods, techniques, and procedures. Possess the
ability to perform basic math calculations, interpret road maps,
effectively communicate with customers/peers/supervisors, and
proficiently use smartphone and/or tablet. Must be attentive to
detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.
- Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: This position
requires sitting, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling,
bending, climbing and ascending/descending stairs. Requires sitting
for relatively long periods of time, while driving. It also
requires frequent bending, climbing, movement, and lifting of up to
75 pounds during physical loading/unloading of trucks and when
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well
as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to
extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work
environment is moderately loud. Should not have any lifting
restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. Should be able to
tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement
driving conditions. The work schedule is typically Monday through
Friday but on occasion may include weekends.
Keywords: Lkq Corporation, Santa Clara , Delivery Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!