Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Location: US-CA-Santa Clara
System ID: 797726
Employment Status: Full-Time
Unit Name: NOURISH COMMISSARY
Unit Contact: Claudia Douglass & Gustavo Vega
Target Hourly Rate: $25 - $27 UNIT DESCRIPTION #PM #HS #IN #CB Come
and be part of an exciting team at Sodexo at our brand new Nourish
commissary kitchen in Santa Clara, CA. We curently have 2 openings
for this role: 1. Monday through Friday 7am - 4pm 2. Wednesday
through Sunday 12pm - 8:30pm Responsibilities include but not
limited to: Stage and enter weekly menus and other information into
recipe database, work closely with the Sales department on
reviewing recipe name and description and make any updates
requested by the team, archive old recipes, build meal count grids
on a weekly basis, review menus and recipes and communicate with
purchasing and kitchen team on daily basis. Compile tasting results
to share in weekly meetings.
- We will provide PPE to keep you safe
- Benefits for your: Medical/Dental/vacation,401K with company
match, meal during your shift, and much more! Benefits Eligibility
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should
have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall
rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a
healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance.
Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be
effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer
other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs
and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts
(eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all
employees). Position Summary The Unit Clerical will complete the
clerical tasks assigned by the supervisor in accordance with
corporate guidelines. Provide accurate, friendly, quality service
to customers/clients when processing customer/client transactions.
The general responsibilities of the position include those listed
below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the
position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts,
depending on business necessities and client requirements. General
- Performs routine and varied clerical duties in accordance with
- Performs activities such as photocopying, compiling records,
filing, tabulating, posting information and scheduling
- Writes types or enters information into computer to prepare
- Prepares issues and sends out receipts, bills, policies,
invoices, statements and checks.
- Maintains records, prepares forms, verifies information and
resolves routine problems.
- Operates various office machines.
- Opens and routes incoming mail, answers correspondence and
prepares outgoing mail.
- Answers telephone, conveys messages and runs errands.
- May receive, count and deposit cash, as needed.
- May include human resources functions (including benefit
administration, personnel action forms and payroll processing) for
the unit as well as the district and region.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 1 years related experience. Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting,
etc.). Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud. Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo, Santa Clara , Kitchen admin, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!