Retail Customer Experience Associate, Valley Fair - Full Time
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 17, 2022
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a
reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving
back to our communities. The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive
in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it
happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a
memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store
position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the
perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top
executives started their careers as part-time retail sales
associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming
relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to
grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building
capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing
the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail
careers. Store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job,
part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to
launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top
executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles,
or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the
various functions at Macy's. Job Overview: As a Customer Experience
Colleague (CXC), you will prioritize the customer experience by
selling to our customers in the moment to service their needs. You
will drive enterprise wide cross-category selling across multiple
selling platforms to deliver sales goals and achieve sales growth.
This position exemplifies the We Care service model throughout the
store. You will enhance the shopping experience by providing
personalized service in all departments. This role requires a
can-do attitude that goes above and beyond and has a personable and
efficient approach when servicing the customer. You will
collaborate and build great partnerships with peers, especially
with At Your Service colleagues. and connect your customer to a
Personal Stylist when necessary. Essential Functions:
- Ensure the customer is the top priority by actively attending
to the needs of the customer, whether or not it culminates in a
- Role model the We Care service model (Safety, Support, Service)
throughout the store, going above and beyond to service customers
and support colleagues.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by selling
merchandise and meeting any need our customer may have whether its
in-store or through virtual selling.
- Leverage product knowledge and digital resources (product
descriptions, customer reviews, etc.) to increase sales by
educating and assisting the customer and expanding their
merchandise options to enable the best choices.
- Effectively develop and maintain relationships throughout the
store in order to problem solve and create the best possible
outcome for the customer.
- Leverage Product and vendor information to sell by sharing
trends and styles in various departments.
- Assist the customer in making the best product choices focusing
on size and fit in apparel areas. Communicate and provide customer
feedback daily with Customer Experience Manager, in order to create
a better customer experience.
- Promote your services by leveraging company social media assets
to engage with customers.
- Demonstrate a professional, can-do attitude.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards: deliver a clean,
neat and easy-to-shop environment. Be proficient in POS and MPOS
systems including Search and Send, My Client and MSA Order
- Understand the promotional calendar and utilize it for the
purpose of driving sales.
- Ensure shortage prevention initiatives are executed.
- Perform other customer-facing duties, as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year previous Selling or retail experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to
customers, peers and all levels of management.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, and
calculating percentages; ability to use calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team,
ability to prioritize tasks and must have good time management
skills; ability to build relationships and convert customers into
clients. Understanding of technology and proficiency in POS,
computers, tablets, smart phones, work-associated apps, and social
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays. Physical
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color
vision and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs. STORES00
Keywords: Macy's, Santa Clara , Retail Customer Experience Associate, Valley Fair - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!