Assistant Store Manager
Company: Things Remembered
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 20, 2022
OverviewThings Remembered Assistant Store Managers are
responsible for assisting the Store Manager for all of the assets
of the store (cash, inventory, equipment) as well as in charge of a
staff (3-15 employees) in the absence of the Store Manager. Our
Assistant Store Managers main responsibility is to ensure that the
store meets sales and financial targets while maintaining full
compliance with a variety of operational controls.Responsibilities
- Assist the Store Manager in achieving sales and other financial
targets. Must be able to analyze and understand financial
goals/reports and track both individual and store results.
- Assist the Store Manager with interviewing, hiring, and
training employees (staff of 3-15) according to company
- Supervision of employees engaged in sales work, production,
taking inventory and reconciling cash and sales receipts.
- Demonstrates success in selling. Uses selling techniques such
as add-on sales and describing engraving information to customers
to enhance salesmanship and reach store and individual sales goals.
This requires constant standing and walking to work with customers
and show them merchandise.
- Is proficient in the basic skills of store operations:
engraving; performance of all register transactions; and equipment
maintenance. This requires constant standing at the register and
equipment as well as occasional squatting and kneeling. Ensure
teammates are properly trained in these duties.
- Participate in store activities of stocking, processing
incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments in a timely manner.
This requires constant standing and walking, occasional squatting
and kneeling, frequently lifting & carrying up to 10 lbs and
occasionally 11-30 lbs as well as frequently climbing a 3 foot
ladder working with arms overhead and occasionally using a 3-10
foot ladder to work with arms overhead.
- Plans/prepares work schedules, managing to required payroll
- Responsible for motivating/managing staff to ensure store is in
legal compliance, and that employee relations issues are handling
appropriately in the absence of the SM.
- Coordination of sales promotions/merchandise displays.
Maintains a clean, visually appealing store to company guidelines.
This requires frequent walking, standing, squatting, kneeling,
lifting and carrying, and working with arms overhead to prepare
- Creates a store environment that ensures great customer
services. Resolves all customer complaints.
- Responsible for physical security of the store and off-site
storage locations including locks, shipments and cash.
- Responsible for daily balancing of cash, nightly bank deposits
and ensuring staff is in compliance with company policy and
- Responsible for twice annual comprehensive physical
inventories. Maintains accurate inventory results throughout the
year by analyzing weekly shipment reports and merchandise
- Work single coverage. -Qualifications
- Complete required Assessment (presented at the end of
- Previous experience as an assistant or supervisor in a retail
- Minimum of 2 years of retail experience in a mall-based
environment with single coverage
- Selling experience
- Excellent Organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and the ability to
communicate verbally in a clear, audible, and grammatically correct
- Ability to listen, read, and accurately transcribe and verify
customer message specifications onto engraved merchandise
- Relates to all customer segments and creates a good first
- Good negotiating skills
- Good influence, persuasion, and problem resolution skills
- Strong eye for Visual Merchandising
- Ability to work unsupervised
Keywords: Things Remembered, Santa Clara , Assistant Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!