Associate VP, HR
Company: Agilent Technologies
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the
quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied
market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services,
consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers
to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what
they do best: improve the world around us. Information about
Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Business HR and Americas,
your key responsibilities will be to:
* Lead the Americas Country HR & Compliance organization within
Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the United States.
* Implement and/or develop HR strategies and programs to support
external macro factors and internal business needs -- in accordance
with Agilent's company culture and values.
* The successful candidate will be located in the Americas near an
Specifically, this will mean:
* Identifying and developing HR initiatives aligned with the
overall company, business and HR strategy. Ensure HR support (e.g.
workplace investigations) is delivered in an effective and
* Developing and communicating the objectives and goals for the HR
team including talent development and process improvement
* Managing HR compliance activities and implications of current and
evolving legal expectations. Monitoring and ensuring effective
administration and compliance of policies and programs in
accordance with local legal requirements
* Providing upfront consultancy and manage the successful
implementation of complex business and cultural transformations.
re-organizations, acquisitions & divestitures, changes around
Compensation & Benefits etc. Enhancing the organization's capacity
to manage change successfully.
* Providing consultative and strategic advice on people and
organizational issues to business leaders and Country Management
Team to build a high-performance workforce and promote a positive
work environment aligned with Agilent culture and values.
* Collaborate with HR Business Partners, HR functions (e.g. Comp,
Payroll, Benefits, Staffing, Development), Workplace Services, and
Legal to solve challenging issues (e.g. workplace investigations,
employee relations, application of HR Policies and Guidelines).
Continually challenge/evaluate the quality and effectiveness of HR
programs and services and implements/influence changes as
* Serving as a company representative with external bodies as
* Bachelors or Master Degree or University Degree or equivalent
plus demonstrated Human Resources professional experience
* In-depth knowledge of HR operations and a strong understanding of
HR functional areas
* Strong understanding of employment and labor law and
* Results-oriented and strong business acumen
* Ability to challenge the status quo and drive change
* Excellent communication and influencing skills
* Strong negotiation skills with the capacity to influence
* Good balance of strategic and tactical skills
* Ability to act in a decisive manner with clear or ambiguous
* Able to operate and collaborate within a matrix organization
* Manage complex and multiple priorities
* Typically 10+ years of proven experience as an effective leader,
influencer, and coach
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All
individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged
to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or
religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic
partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran
status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by
federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be
discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the
workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If
you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the
application or interview process or have questions about workplace
accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email
firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Agilent Technologies, Santa Clara , Associate VP, HR, Human Resources , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!