Sr. Manager, Talent Development
Company: Shockwave Medical
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Shockwave Medical, Inc. is a pioneer in the development and
commercialization of Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) to treat
complex calcified cardiovascular disease. Shockwave Medical aims to
establish a new standard of care for medical device treatment of
atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease through its differentiated
and proprietary local delivery of sonic pressure waves for the
treatment of calcified plaque.
DescriptionPosition Overview As the Sr. Manager, Talent
Development, you will be responsible for the development and
implementation of world-class strategies and processes that enhance
the people capabilities of Shockwave Medical. These strategies
include training and development program planning, succession
planning, and retention. In this position, you will report to the
Vice President of Human Resources and work closely with HRBPs and
business leaders to identify needs, design and implement
development solutions that support our mission, values, and global
competencies. The role requires you to have robust experience
analyzing, developing, implementing, and evaluating talent
development solutions globally that add value to the business, are
pragmatic, and innovative. Essential Job Functions
- Establish a vision and plan for Shockwave's talent development
strategy and drive the implementation of that strategy.
- Partnering with our global colleagues to implement talent
development processes across multiple countries.
- Design and influence a full suite of development experiences to
strengthen business and individual capability and performance.
- Manage existing and establish new programs to reinforce strong
performance and potential and support our talent development and
learning initiatives, including development of programs and content
to help support our leaders, managers, and employees in many
aspects of leadership development, job performance and professional
- Identify content and deliver programs for new and experienced
people leaders to provide them with management fundamentals.
- Performing analyses and identify metrics to track Talent
Development, succession planning and other Talent Development
- Identify, oversee, and assess the effectiveness of vendor
relationships to ensure programs and services meet our needs and
- Championing diversity and inclusion within the Talent
Development process, as well as critical and high-potential talent
within the talent management process.
- Able to build on existing programs such as talent reviews and
succession planning as well as introducing talent assessments,
identifying top/emerging talent and retention strategies.
- Partner with HR Business Partners, senior leaders, and
functional leaders to determine organizational gaps, and develop
tactical and strategic solutions to drive leader and team member
- Facilitate training sessions for all levels in the organization
in a variety of methods. Requirements
- Bachelors in HR or Business Management (or related field) or
equivalent work experience
- 10+ yrs in People Teams/Human Resources, Learning and
Development and/or organizational development and human capital
- Experience supporting a growing organization; small to mid-size
company experience preferred
- Strong skills and experience in managing talent initiatives,
internal consulting, curriculum development and facilitation.
- Ability to both think strategically and translate strategy to
tactical plans and drive implementation.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to synthesize data
to identify themes and create solutions to address those
- Project management skills, organization skills, and strong time
management skills are required to support multiple key projects at
- Demonstrated track record of development and execution of a
holistic L+D strategy with impact driven results
- Demonstrated track record of success in a cross functional,
highly matrixed environment.
- Subject matter expert on innovative next generation practices,
programs and L&D marketplace insights.
- Strong global mindset, understanding of various global
cultures; knowledge of global diversity is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of other HR disciplines (sourcing,
outreach, recruiting, employee and leadership development,
workforce planning, etc.)
- Highly collaborative, flexible and adaptable to changing
priorities; able to work independently and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude; solution-oriented and
customer-focused NOTE: - This job description is not intended to be
all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as
assigned or negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the
organization. - Market Range: -$145,000 - $185,000
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, expertise, and
Shockwave Medical offers a competitive total compensation package
as well as the following benefits and perks:
Core Benefits: -Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax and Roth 401k
options with a fully vested match, Short-Term and Long-Term
Disability, and Life Insurance, Employer contribution toward Health
Savings Account (HSA), Competitive PTO balance
Perks: ESPP, Calm App, Pet Insurance, Student Loan Refinancing,
Spot Bonus awards
Keywords: Shockwave Medical, Santa Clara , Sr. Manager, Talent Development, Human Resources , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!