Senior System Software Engineer - AR/VR Streaming
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 28, 2020
The video software team at NVIDIA is looking for a Senior System
Software Engineer. As part of our team you will be contributing to
our groundbreaking CloudXR product. Built on NVIDIA GPU technology,
it enables ultra-low latency streaming of graphics-intensive
augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR) and mixed reality (MR)
content from the cloud.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and optimize our CloudXR Software Development Kit for
low-latency AR/VR/MR streaming.
- Learn about our graphics processing units (GPUs) and video
hardware accelerators, and how to harness their full power to build
- Acquire expertise in augmented and virtual reality, and how
this revolutionizes the way we interact with our environment.
- Get opportunities to collaborate with multiple teams across our
company, as well as our partners and customers.
What we need to see:
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
(Master's degree or higher preferred) or equivalent
- 10+ years of meaningful software development experience.
Outstanding engineers with less experience will be
- We are seeking someone highly motivated and passionate about
system software development.
- Proficiency in C/C++ with proven software development,
optimization, and debugging skills is a requirement.
- Dedicated, fast to take action, and proactive with excellent
analytical and problem solving skills.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Prior experience with Windows, Linux, or Mac driver development
will make you stand out.
- Expertise in Android or iOS application development is a
- Knowledge of OpenVR, virtual reality, augmented reality, and
- Ability to think creatively to debug and tackle complex, hard
to reproduce problems.
- Knowledge and work experience with modern video compression
standards, such as H.264, HEVC, VP9, and AV1.
With competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, we are
widely considered to be one of the technology world's most
desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and
hardworking people in the world working for us and, due to
unprecedented growth, our exclusive engineering teams are rapidly
growing. If you're a creative and autonomous engineer with a real
passion for technology, we want to hear from you.NVIDIA is
committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be
an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our
current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in
our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: NVIDIA, Santa Clara , Senior System Software Engineer - AR/VR Streaming, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!