Senior Database Architect - IT
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 28, 2020
NVIDIA is looking for an outstanding Database Administrator to
join its Enterprise Database Team to drive the future of data
services. Database Architects at NVIDIA are responsible for
developing a vision and implementing a roadmap for our data hosting
infrastructure. This is a high engagement position that will act as
a liaison between engineering teams and other infrastructure teams
to deliver high performance and highly available solutions.
You will have access to modern tools as you maintain current
technologies and methodologies. In addition, you assist in the
development or improvement of new database tools, monitoring and
alerting tools, updates to existing infrastructure, and extend and
automate our service model. The ideal candidate will react and
respond to urgent issues and outages (globally and regionally),
establish standard operating procedures, and most significantly
communicate current status to both internal engineering teams as
well as global customers.
What you will be doing:
- Drive projects to "move the needle" on database service
- Implement monitors, alerts and SOPs to ensure early detection,
and accurate response to service-impacting issues.
- Mentor database support staff.
- Rapidly respond to escalated service incidents.
What we need to see:
- MS or BS in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field or
equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years experience supporting technical operations in a
live-site production environment with a real passion for database
performance and availability.
- Passion for learning new Database platforms and tools.
- Experience planning and executing multiple initiatives with
transparency and cross-discipline engagement.
- Experience with scripting and development in various languages
(Python, bash, Perl). Taking a manual, time-consuming and error
prone process and fully automating the steps with a "one-click"
- Meticulous eye for documentation and repeatable process
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Proven administrative skills with PostgreSQL and
- Previous experience with Data Dog or Splunk like alerting and
monitoring systems. Development, support, and scripting against
these systems is helpful.
- Strong working experience with DR and HA technologies
(Peer-Peer replications, AlwaysON Clustering).
- Proficiency with version control systems (Perforce, GIT,
- Excellent scripting: node.js, Python, Perl, bash,
- Experience with Cloud Platform Azure or AWS is helpful.
- Familiarity with automation using tools like Puppet or
- Excellent communication, presentation, social, and analytical
skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts
clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying
levels of the organization.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's
most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking
and talented people in the world working for us. If you're creative
and autonomous, we want to hear from you!NVIDIA is committed to
fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current
and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our
hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: NVIDIA, Santa Clara , Senior Database Architect - IT, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!