Software Engineer (US - REMOTE)
Company: Micro Focus
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Software Engineer (US - REMOTE)Job Description:
Title: Software Engineer (US - REMOTE)
Location: Remote Eligible
Vertica believes that each of us knows the work environment that
makes us the most productive. Thats why we provide our employees
with the ability to work how and where they will be the most
successful. We enable a flexible approach to work location, meaning
for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office or
from home, or a combination of both, but you make that choice
including where you choose to live. Vertica invests in the best
technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work
environments to empower employees to work productively in the
setting that meets their personal needs. Thats why were so proud to
have a highly productive and engaged team in every function of the
The Software Engineer will be a liaison between the customer facing
teams and R&D engineers. They will create best practices and
technical documents that can be used to assist customers to provide
a higher customer experience. They will work with customers
directly to handle highly escalated and critical issues as well as
educate customers on in depth technical areas.
This person must be self-motivated and have the ability to
self-manage projects based on collected feedback and priority. They
will need to be a quick study, pay close attention to detail and
passionate about helping others. This person will interact directly
with Technical Support, Escalation Managers, Professional Services,
Engineering, Sales Engineers, and other groups within the
organization. They will interface directly with customers in the
field, on the phone, via e-mail and chat.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Linux skills, scripting experience, and extensive knowledge of
- The ability to resolve and communicate complex issues in a
- A good understanding of relational database systems including
theory, design, and structure.
- Experience in one of the following; Python, Java, or C++
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Operating systems: Linux
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified candidates nice to have:
- Windows skills, ODBC/JDBC client drivers, Java Client and
Server applications various web browsers.
- At least 3-4 years of professional experience working with a
- Virtualization, Cloud technology, Storage and Network
trouble-shooting a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have the ability to collect and maintain customer use cases to
create technical presentations and best practices.
- Multitask in a fast paced environment and manage all projects
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency using all resources for
technical presentations, testing and resolving customer
- Creatively research using a variety of resources, including
documentation, knowledge base (solutions), bug database, email
groups and the web.
- Demonstrate an ability to increase product and procedural
knowledge through self-training, work with peers, and experience
with customer issues.
- Create reproducible test cases for Engineering by building test
programs and scripts to assist in rapid resolution of issues.
- Document and understand customers needs and capture information
to provide improved customer experience.
- Act as a general knowledge resource and provide assistance to
- Communicating product feature requests from customers to
- Contributing to product design reviews based on a customer
- Prepare in the support of new products without extensive formal
- Contribute to an internal wiki page for internal transfer or
About our team
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our
open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from
each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get
it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude
and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make
Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building
great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in
good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.
About our product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the
worlds most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit,
Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers
unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine
learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the
Job:EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without
discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally
Keywords: Micro Focus, Santa Clara , Software Engineer (US - REMOTE), IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!