Company: Cloudera, Inc.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: October 16, 2020
We are looking for a Technical Accounting Manager to join our team
and this opportunity will report to our Director, SEC Reporting &
Technical Accounting. In this role, you will be responsible for
providing oral and written communication with internal stakeholders
and external auditors on technical accounting matters. As the
subject matter expert on all technical accounting topics, the
individual in this role is responsible for research, documentation,
implementation of FASB pronouncements, as well as working on
external financial reporting to support SEC filings.
* Determine the appropriate accounting treatment and disclosures of
complex transactions and new GAAP accounting standards.
* Perform the research and resolution of significant and/or
* Prepare technical accounting position papers to meet internal and
external auditor requirements.
* Monitor new accounting pronouncements and research to determine
the related accounting, policy and reporting impacts.
* Provide guidance to management team on various technical
* Prepare or review journal entries and account reconciliations for
technical accounting areas.
* Prepare the Company s cash flow statement.
* Assist with establishing and then managing the Company s Finance
and Accounting technical training program.
* Assist with preparation of financial statement disclosures in
times of high seasonal demand or in areas with increased
* Assist with quarterly materials for executive audiences (CFO
review, AC and BOD materials).
* Assist with accounting for stock-based compensation, M&A
transactions, investments in private equity, and certain other
equity related areas.
* Assist with SEC reporting function including preparation and
review of disclosures.
* Assist with annual Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing.
* Assist with quarterly and annual requests from external auditors
and support the Accounting team in successful completion of
quarterly reviews and annual audits.
* Be a trusted business partner and work closely with various
stakeholders within finance and across the Company including
investor relations, legal, financial planning & analysis, stock
plan administration, general accounting, tax and treasury.
* Contribute to various department and organizational special
projects as assigned.
* CPA preferred.
* Masters or bachelor s degree in accounting with minimum of 5
years of relevant experience, with a combination of Big 4 and
industry experience preferred.
* Strong understanding and application of US GAAP, SEC/financial
reporting requirements including financial statements and
disclosures, and SOX 404 requirements.
* Proficient in researching accounting literature and summarizing
findings for accounting files or other audience.
* Must be detail-oriented, have a proactive approach and ability to
handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to
interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the
organization with varying understanding of accounting concepts.
* Strong work ethic and ability to adapt and be flexible in a
* Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
* Ability to roll up their sleeves and contribute in the day-to-day
tasks, as needed.
* Highly organized, with focus on process discipline.
* Excellent team player who can build and leverage alliances.
* Experience in high-tech industry is preferred.
Cloudera is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Cloudera, Inc., Santa Clara , Technical Accountant, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!