Sr Software Engineer (Consumer Products)
Company: Palo Alto Networks
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 19, 2021
At Palo Alto Networks-- everything starts and ends with our
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital
way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more
secure than the one before. These aren't easy goals to accomplish -
but we're not here for easy. We're here for better. We are a
company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the
way things are done, and we're looking for innovators who are as
committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We're seeking innovators - software engineers who seek to design
new products, designing state-of-the-art products that do not exist
today. These engineers love to code with a drive to build global
products and bring new ideas to develop security disciplines to
solve real-world problems. We are looking for leaders who take
ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to pursue
problems at every level. Collaboration is at the heart of our
culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level
and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a
As a key member of our Consumer Group, you will be responsible for
designing and developing the control plane of a new consumer
oriented network appliance product. You will work with product
management on user requirement, apply your knowledge to functional
design, utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust
implementation, and interact with quality assurance and field
support teams throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Innovate, design, and develop the control plane of a new
consumer oriented network appliance product, working on
configuration, policy, policy enforcement, communications with
- Own and be responsible for multiple components in the system
and invent them from scratch.
- Deliver the product's core features in high quality and
- Contribute in all phases of the product development cycle, from
definition, design, through implementation, integration and
- Suggest and implement improvements to the development
- Clearly communicate goals and desired outcomes to internal
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, similar technical discipline
or equivalent practical experience, Graduate degree (MS or Ph.D.)
in Computer Science or similar technical discipline is
- Proficient in C/C++ and familiar with the Linux development
environment. Familiar with common data structure & algorithms.
- Experience on control plane development for network appliance
or security appliance.
- Expertise on multi-threading programming, IPC and memory
management on Linux.
- Familiar with TCP/IP networking and Linux network
- Verbal and written communication skills to work with
- Teammate who brings a can-do attitude to a dynamic working
Additional Preferred Experiences
- Experience with large-scale and/or high-performance software
design and development.
- Experience with developing network appliance's components for
policy, iptables, telemetry, logs, configuration.
- Experience and knowledge on WebSocket, gRPC, SSL/TLS.
- Knowledge of the control plane design paradigm of industry,
like API Server of Kubernetes.
- Experience in embedded system development.
- Familiar with shell script, Python, and/or Go programming.
Our team designs and builds hardware devices, networking
technologies, software, and services for delivering on customer
needs and wants, innovating with opinion to anticipate customer
requirements. Our designs are beautiful, customer appropriate, and
The products you work on are new to Palo Alto Networks, so you are
entrepreneurial and hands-on in your engineering approach while
helping to craft a vision and being a key member to execute on that
We contribute to Palo Alto Networks being the fastest growing
cybersecurity company in the world by understanding the evolution
of cyberattacks and designing products to keep users safer and more
We're trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge the
status quo of cybersecurity. We can't accomplish our mission
without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our
dedication to inclusion and innovation, please visit our Life at
Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition,
national origin, physical or mental disability, political
affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If
you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or
special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Keywords: Palo Alto Networks, Santa Clara , Sr Software Engineer (Consumer Products), IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!