Sr. Software Engineer, Platform Systems (Robotics)
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Robotics & Digital Solutions, a part of Ethicon, Inc. is recruiting
for a Senior Software Engineer with a focus in Platform and
Infrastructure. This position is located in Santa Clara,
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global
leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every
operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant
contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the
first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive
procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of
Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most
pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives.
Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including
robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices,
trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical
conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation
to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit .
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a focus in C++ and
Linux to join our team to work on our distributed system. The
Platform team manages the middleware, security, networking and
leads the overall software development process.
In This Role You Will
- Work closely with cross functional software teams, including
applications, embedded and Real Time Software
- Build infrastructure and platform software for a complex
distributed connected medical device.
- Support AWS/Azure cloud infrastructure
- Work with engineering teams to support their business
- Drive the architecture and design of software components.
- Minimum B.S (Computer Science, Software Engineering, or
equivalent) and 4 years' experience in C++ development and Object
Oriented development or M.S. and 2 years of C++ and Object Oriented
- Experience working with Hardware and product bring up
- Strong knowledge and experience with Linux required
- Experience with Networking in a distributed system is
- Experience with Python, CMake, Bash preferred
- Experience working in medical devices is preferred
- Position is located in Santa Clara, CA and may require up to 5%
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Santa Clara , Sr. Software Engineer, Platform Systems (Robotics), IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!