Software Product Owner
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries. Software Product Owner
About Abbott Hematology The key to successful treatment and full
recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott---s
life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that
enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is
managing health. Our pioneering technology spans the world of
healthcare operations --- with medical diagnostic instruments,
tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals,
reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician
offices and clinics. Our location in--Santa Clara, CA--currently
has an opportunity for a Software Product Owner.------ What
You---ll Do---- As a team member within the software engineering
group, the Software Product Owner will lead activities as they
relate to the understanding of customers--- needs and business
requirements and translating them into the software
products.--Experienced professional individual contributor that
works under limited supervision. Requires capacity to apply
skills/knowledge within the context of specific needs or
requirements. Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Program Manager, Business stakeholders and Agile
team to define the scope of the software product.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements.
- Get answers for the team to clarify details as they are
developing the application.
- Serve as the voice of the business for the Scrum team to ensure
requested features are clearly understood.
- Lead the planning product release plans and sets expectations
for delivery of new functionalities.
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for
- Develop user stories and defines acceptance criteria; lead
sprint planning and grooming sessions.--
- Manage dependencies in and across sprints and releases.
- Perform demos to all stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Keep stakeholders apprised of progress and incorporate their
- Maintains focus on our customers and the value Abbott can
deliver to them.--Work toward improving customer centricity in our
- Help align stakeholders on business and system requirements,
program functions and strategy.--
- Problem solve to ensure best solutions are delivered.
- Ensure that compliance, security and regulatory requirements
are met on all projects.
- Coordinate with other R&D teams (hardware, systems,
algorithms) to ensure product-level requirements are met and the
software meets the acceptance criteria.--
- Software development responsibilities include executing
software development life cycle activities (from software
requirements, design and implementation through design
verification) using current software technologies. Education and
Experience You---ll Bring---- Qualifications
- Associate degree required; Bachelor---s Degree in Computer
Science, Engineering, or Scientific discipline strongly
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience required.
- 3 + years of post-educational professional experience in the
healthcare / life sciences or software development domain.--
- 1 + years experience leading a project
- Effective project planning and organizational skills
- Action-oriented with the ability to drive for results.--
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills - verbal, written
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a team,
is organized, analytical and has good decision making and issue
- Solid problem-solving skills, attention to detail and critical
thinking abilities.--Demonstrated ability to strategically solve
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Previous experience as a Software Product Owner or leading
software development is an asset. WHAT WE OFFER---- At Abbott, you
can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:--
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance----
- Financial security--through competitive compensation,
incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs--including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k)--retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company--with a record of strong financial
performance and history of--being actively involved in local
communities-- Learn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully:?--www.abbottbenefits.com----
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities
with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your
future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
employee diversity.-- Connect with us at--www.abbott.com, on
Facebook at--www.facebook.com/Abbott--and on Twitter @AbbottNews
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Santa Clara , Software Product Owner, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!