Veterans Preferred - Sr. Software Engineer - Big Data
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Company Description
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our
cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that
create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and
the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making
an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and
important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately
80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE
World's Most Admired Companies.-
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us
build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce,
and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about
their experiences working at ServiceNow.
You will be part of the ServiceNow Cloud Services Big Data Team.
The Big Data team is building the next-generation platform that
collects, stores and provides real-time access to large amounts of
You will also buildreal-time analytic tools and reporting
capabilities for various purposes including:
- Monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting
- Anomaly detection
- Capacity planning
- Data analytics
What you get to do in this role:
This is a hands-on Full Stack Big Data Senior Engineer role where
- Buildthe next-generation libraries, APIs and data
- Develop data engineering components and applications and
entities to empower self-serveforbig data products
- Lead complex and technically challenging projects from concept
- Assist in developing UI components to enhance our in-house
To be successful in this role you have
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years in designing and building scalable reusable products /
- 5+ years programming experience in Java
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design,
Algorithms and Data Structures
- 5+ years in building and maintaining ETL pipelines using
Bigdata technologies like Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, MapReduce,
Kafka and Hive/Impala and Hadoop
- Professional experience defining, developing and maintaining
scalable web service API
- Expert skills working with SQL queries, including performance
tuning, utilizing indexes/partitions, and materialized views to
improve query performance.
- Exceptional in database design & development, writing optimized
- SQL friendly data structures
Backbone.js, Node.js, jQuery.
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving
- Able to troubleshoot systems integration and performance
- Self-motivated and eager to absorb new emerging
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with proven
ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to both
technical and non-technical teams.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age,
disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran
status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as
required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of
full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start
date.Visitour Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of
the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to
access or use this online application process and need an
alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email
protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export
control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations
(EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from
the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is
contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other
approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly
common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to
protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found
through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Videos To Watch
Keywords: ServiceNow, Santa Clara , Veterans Preferred - Sr. Software Engineer - Big Data, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!