Senior Software Engineer/Analyst
Company: Intel Corporation
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job ID: JR0174116Job Category: EngineeringPrimary Location:
Santa Clara, CA USOther Locations: US, California, Folsom;US,
Oregon, HillsboroJob Type: Experienced HireSr SW
Engineer/AnalystJob DescriptionThe Assessments, Modeling, and
Requirements team (AMR) within the Client Platform and Silicon
Architecture Group is seeking an experience software
engineer/analyst to join our team. You will be part of an exciting
team that assesses new system level technology and innovations
across the Intel client platforms from a user perspective.
This role requires hands-on software analysis, debug, and
optimization used to drive improvements in energy efficient
performance, battery life, responsiveness, quality, and convenience
experiences for future Intel platform technologies.
You will be joining a highly skilled interdisciplinary team that
directly impacts the new experiences customers have on Intels
client computing products.
Your deliverables include deep evaluation and analysis of OS,
Driver, SW behavior on multiple segment workflows (Consumer,
Commercial, Collaboration, Creator, Gaming, Education, etc.). You
will be answering questions on why a workflow performs the way it
does on a given client platform from the software perspective.An
Ideal Candidate must demonstrate:
- The ability to be self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to be self-driven, disciplined, hands-on, and be a
creative problem solver.
- The ability to collaborate with client platform hardware and
software architects along with the platform execution and customer
enabling teams.Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Understanding of how architecture decisions affect performance
and power of different workflows/operations.
- Building custom software to exercise specific hardware
- Understanding and ability to develop low level code across a
variety of platforms
- Understanding of OS and Kernel stacks and ability to inject
code at different points
- Engaging with architecture and SW enabling teams about findings
to optimize and improve future Intel based platforms
QualificationsMinimum qualifications are required to be initially
considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in
addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus
factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
Computer Systems Engineering with 9+ years of experience or a
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
Computer Systems Engineering with 6+ years of experience working
with client platforms and systems
- 5+ years in Software debug/analysis and system level testing
- Program experience in two or more of the following languages,
- Familiarity with VTune/EMON and other SW analysis tools.
- Working knowledge of other sub systems in the platform such as
DRAM, Storage, TBT, WiFi/BT, Modem, and display and implications to
end user experience metrics.
- Deep knowledge in various SW ecosystems with extended
experience in SW analysis including OS (Windows, MacOS, iOS,
Chrome, Linux), Driver, application level code
- Working knowledge using automated test suites and analyzing
test data are highly desired.
Inside this Business GroupThe Client Computing Group (CCG) is
responsible for driving business strategy and product development
for Intels PC products and platforms, spanning form factors such as
notebooks, desktops, 2 in 1s, all in ones. Working with our
partners across the industry, we intend to continue to advance PC
experiences to deliver the real-world performance people demand. As
the largest business unit at Intel, CCG is investing more heavily
in the PC, ramping its capabilities even more aggressively, and
designing the PC experience even more deliberately, including
delivering a predictable cadence of leadership products. As a
result, we are able to fuel innovation across Intel, providing an
important source of IP and scale, as well as help the company
deliver on its purpose of enriching the lives of every person on
Keywords: Intel Corporation, Santa Clara , Senior Software Engineer/Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!