Senior Technical Accountant - Corporate Accounting - Global GL & Consolidation
Company: Marvell Technology
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Senior Technical Accountant - Corporate Accounting - Global GL &
Consolidation About MarvellAt Marvell, we believe that
infrastructure powers progress. That execution is as essential as
innovation. That better collaboration builds better technology.
Trusted by the world's leading technology companies for 25 years,
we move, store, process and secure the world's data with
semiconductor solutions designed for our customers' current needs
and future ambitions. Through a process of deep collaboration and
transparency, we're ultimately changing the way tomorrow's
enterprise, cloud, automotive, and carrier architectures
transform-for the better.
The data infrastructure that our customers build has never been
more critical to our global economy. It's what's keeping the world
connected, businesses running, and information flowing. If you're
ready to excel, innovate, and truly enjoy your work, apply now for
the position detailed below.The OpportunityAs a key member of the
Corporate Accounting team, the Senior Technical Accountant will be
working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment building relationships
within the corporate accounting team in the U.S. and worldwide, and
with the larger organization (e.g. Treasury, Tax, FP&A, SEC
Reporting, Internal Audit, etc.). The Senior Technical Accountant
will be responsible for leading the monthly worldwide close and
consolidation, including ensuring corporate accounting is
technically accurate and complete, ensuring worldwide
consolidations are prepared accurately and timely, providing
technical guidance, and ensuring complex accounting transactions
are recorded accurately and timely in the general ledger in
accordance with US GAAP.
This is an exciting role with vast educational opportunities. It
has a good mix of technical accounting and operational accounting
exposure, and provides great experience working directly with the
senior leadership team (Controller, CAO, CFO).
- Responsible for leading the monthly corporate worldwide
financial close activities, including technical accounting and
operations related journal entries and account reconciliations.
Prepare journal entries related to significant higher risk
- Assess technical accounting issues for appropriate financial
treatment in the global financial statements.
- Ensure worldwide consolidations are prepared accurately and
- Ensure appropriate functional currency determinations and
worldwide FX questions are resolved in partnership with Treasury
- Prepare financial reporting information for monthly results
review meeting with the CFO and CEO.
- Responsible for SOX compliance activities, including executing
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of various financial
- Develop and maintain excellent positive working relationship
with the external auditors.
- Accounting degree.
- CPA preferred.
- 3-7 years of accounting experience, with a minimum 3 years Big
4 public accounting base.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Semiconductor experience a plus.
- A team player who is an effective oral and written
- Written analyses and presentations are clear, concise, and
reflect polish and precision.
- A go-getter with a positive can-do attitude, sense of humor,
and a roll-up-my-sleeves mentality: no ivory tower candidates need
- Possess energy and passion for your work and a genuine interest
- Your ultimate priority is to help ensure that the organization
has accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting.
- Accurate, thorough, with strong attention to detail and a
strong sense of ownership. Someone who consistently goes the extra
- A problem solver who is collaborative, proactive, responsive,
- Agility to change and think on your feet.
- Creative person with strong interpersonal skills and ability to
contribute to our culture.
- Takes a customer service oriented approach.
- Strong organizational skills.#LI-KB1#GLDRThe PerksWith
competitive compensation and great benefits, you will enjoy our
workstyle within an incredible culture. We'll give you all the
tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us. For
additional information on what it's like to work at Marvell, visit
our Careers page.Your FutureMarvell provides a work environment
that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for
an individual who wants to grow with the company and will strive to
improve performance. If you are driven, personable, and energetic,
there will be additional opportunities for you here at Marvell. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
veteran status. Any applicant who requires a reasonable
accommodation during the selection process should contact Marvell
HR Helpdesk at GR-HR-Services-Americas@marvell.com or
Keywords: Marvell Technology, Santa Clara , Senior Technical Accountant - Corporate Accounting - Global GL & Consolidation, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!