Technical Applications Specialist II (Microarray) (Hybrid)
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 22, 2021
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
The Technical Application Specialist II is part of the Life
Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) and is an important part of the
company's total value proposition. With an innovative and broad
life sciences portfolio, a strong presence at bench, best-in-class
web and e-commerce channels, industry-leading on-site supply center
coverage and one of the most technically experienced sales and
support teams, LSG brings incredible core strength to the broader
This is a hybrid position spending 50% at our Santa Clara site and
50% home office.
Position does not provide relocation assistance.
* How will you make an impact?*
The Technical Applications Scientist is responsible for providing
remote pre- and post-sales technical support of Thermo Fisher
Scientific products to customers and field personnel, as well as
relaying customer feedback to the organization.
* What will you do? *
* Provide technical support for Thermo Fisher Scientific microarray
product lines and services by answering customer technical
inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email or web
* Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all
available resources and escalate issues or problems when
* Participate in frequent training on products and continuing
education on new applications and technologies to remain at the
cutting edge of scientific knowledge.
* Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in
Customer Relationship Management system.
* Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ's and
* Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other
company-managed databases of technical information.
* Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to
* May present technical and product information at trade shows and
in customer field visits.
* Participate in additional special team or individual
* May be required to perform other related duties as opportunities
* Some travel may be required for the position
* How will you get here?*
* Minimum educational requirement is a B.S., B.A. or M.S. in life
sciences or chemistry or a similar field.
* Preferred: PhD. or a PhD. with post-doctoral experience
* Minimum of 3+ years of laboratory experience in molecular biology
techniques required. Experience in microarray analysis techniques
is most applicable.
Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing,
per client discretion. As a requirement to be onsite at Thermo
Fisher Scientific this position requires vaccination status
disclosure upon employment.
* Knowledge, Skills, Abilities*
* Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and
in writing, to customers and colleagues
* Ability to manage multiple priorities
* Problem-solving ability
* Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, word
processing and Internet applications
* A minimum two-year commitment to Technical Support is required
due to the extensive up-front training needed
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary
minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Santa Clara , Technical Applications Specialist II (Microarray) (Hybrid), IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!