Senior Framework Software Engineer - Autonomous Vehicles
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: January 9, 2022
We are now looking for a Senior Framework Software Engineer for
Autonomous Vehicles.Intelligent machines powered by Artificial
Intelligence computers that can learn, reason and interact with
people are no longer science fiction. Today, a self-driving car
powered by AI can meander through a country road at night and find
its way. An AI-powered robot can learn motor skills through trial
and error - this is truly an extraordinary time and the era of AI
has begun.Our team builds the NVIDIA DriveWorks SDK with the goal
to provide a scalable software stack and framework to build
autonomous vehicles. We are seeking software engineers with
interests on crafting, developing and maintaining the application
framework and tools that we use to develop self driving solutions
on multi computer and heterogeneous architectures.What you will be
- Developing and optimizing software architecture and frameworks
for real-world performance while matching or exceeding customer
- Working on areas such as component abstraction layers,
inter-process data sharing and communication, and process
- Developing efficient mechanisms to maximize utilization on
computers with multiple heterogeneous hardware engines.
- Solidifying existing frameworks and software components and
validate with large amounts of real and synthetic the improvements
of the computational performance and system utilization.
- Performing in-vehicle tests, collecting data and completing
autonomous drive missions.
- Developing unit tests, documentation for features, evaluating
quality and proposing corrective actions.
- Developing highly efficient product code in C++, making use of
high algorithmic parallelism offered by GPGPU programming (CUDA).
Follow quality and safety standards such as defined by MISRA.What
we need to see:
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
- BS/MS or higher or equivalent experience in computer
engineering, computer science or related engineering
- Excellent C and C++ programming skills.
- Experience developing and debugging multithreaded/distributed
applications like multimedia systems, game engines, etc.
- Strong knowledge of programming and debugging techniques,
especially for parallel and distributed architectures.
- Strong knowledge on Linux, Android, and/or other real-time
- Experience with frameworks for robotics such as ROS and/or for
multimedia such as GStreamer.
- Thrive on writing low latency, highly performant code
- Great communication and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and a great teammate.Ways to stand out from the
- Understanding of embedded architectures.
- Experience on developing software in heterogeneous
architectures, including GPUs.
- Knowledge of image processing APIs (e.g. OpenCV) and MATLAB
- Knowledge of automotive systems, notably ADAS
- Software development for modern OpenGL (Core Profile) and
- Experience with version control systems GIT and build system
- Be hands-on and work well within a team of algorithm, software
and hardware engineers, with a significant level of detail
orientation and a penchant for data organization and
presentation.Image recognition and speech recognition - GPU Deep
Learning has provided the foundation for machines to learn,
perceive, reason and solve problems. The GPU started out as the
engine for simulating human creativity, conjuring up the amazing
virtual worlds of video games and Hollywood films. Now, NVIDIA's
GPU runs Deep Learning algorithms, simulating human intelligence,
and acts as the brain of computers, robots and self-driving cars
that can perceive and understand the world. Just as human
imagination and intelligence are linked, computer graphics and AI
come together in our architecture. Two modes of the human brain,
two modes of the GPU. This may explain why NVIDIA GPUs are used
broadly for Deep Learning, and NVIDIA is increasingly known as "the
AI computing company." Make the choice to join us today!The
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires that NVIDIA provide
the compensation range and benefits offered for this position if
performed in Colorado. The base salary range for this position in
Colorado is $126,000.00 - 173,250.00 USD.NVIDIA also offers a
comprehensive benefits package. We provide health care coverage,
dental and vision, 401(K), including company matching and after tax
contributions, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Employee
Assistance Program (EAP), company paid holidays, paid sick leave,
vacation leave, professional time off, life and disability
protection. Employees in eligible sales and positions may also be
eligible for commission.Base pay is based on market location and
may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education,
and other job-related reasons.NVIDIA is committed to fostering a
diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future
employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and
promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other
characteristic protected by law.#deeplearning
Keywords: NVIDIA, Santa Clara , Senior Framework Software Engineer - Autonomous Vehicles, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!