Staff Software Cloud Engineer
Company: Teradata Group
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault
tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments
like Google Cloud, AWS and Azure? Teradata, the world's leading
data analytics company is looking for experienced engineers to join
our Teradata Managed Cloud team. If you are interested in working
in a startup environment where you can directly influence the
future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then the
Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and
implement state of the art technical solutions, including
capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand
self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to
enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics
challenges. Join the Teradata Managed Cloud team as a Senior Cloud
Engineer focused on building cutting-edge software for delivering
cloud-based products and services. As a Senior Cloud Engineer you
will have the opportunity to build new applications and services
from scratch as well as extending the functionality of existing
applications and services. You will join a team of engineers to
build cloud services that bring Teradata's analytics capabilities
to the public cloud platforms. This position is part of the Cloud
Platform Engineering Team focused on Multi-cloud infrastructure
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and Implement Cloud services that manage the security
and storage in public cloud.
- Implement automations to provision, configure, manage and
monitor Teradata Cloud services, sites and offerings.
- Develop threat models to ensure the Cloud platform services are
secure and meets our compliance standards.
- Participate in designing and developing core systems of
services, prototypes, and proofs-of-concept.
- Applies technical expertise and an understanding of business
needs to design and develop innovative solutions in the cloud.
- Effectively communicating technical solutions and decisions to
both technical and leadership audiences through documentation,
presentations, and verbal communications.
- Development of accurate time estimates and milestones for
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 5 years of hands-on software development
- At least 1 years of -experience with -designing, building, and
operating distributed -complex software systems on Google Cloud,
AWS or Azure.
- Experience with dev-ops software development methods.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures,
algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern
general-purpose programming languages like Python, Java, C++,
- Experience in professional software engineering, including
- Experience with REST, Web Services, CI/CD systems, Linux, and
Java enterprise development. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in full stack development.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices
within your team.
- Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
- Experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like
Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Experience working with remote/offshore teams.
- Knowledge of Jira, Git, Jenkins.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, or similar software
- Experience with UI development. *Our total compensation
approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong
work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
commits to hiring returning veterans. Teradata invites all
identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with
deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration
and inclusivity across our global organization. --- We are proud to
be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related
conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship,
marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information,
gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any
other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law,
Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to
receive the compensation range information for this role. Please
provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Keywords: Teradata Group, Santa Clara , Staff Software Cloud Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!