Director, Software Engineering - Data Ops
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Are you a Data Engineering Operations expert? Are you looking to
enable teams to quickly leverage any data, at any time, and for any
use, with quality, reliability, and clear governance? If you want
to pursue your professional goals as you help grow an innovative
real estate tech company, this work is for you. Join us as our
newest Director of Data Engineering in Data Operations and help
change the world of real estate, one home at a time.What You'll
- Develop and provide a well-governed data warehouse to our teams
built on Snowflake including cost and performance monitoring,
regulatory compliance including CCPA, and data security.
- Meaningfully contribute to the strategy of data migration from
our current 5 PB Athena data lake to Snowflake.
- Onboard all of our stakeholders including Data Science,
Analytics, and Marketing to our next-generation data warehouse
built on Snowflake.
- Monitor and operate data pipeline SLAs built on Snowflake,
Airflow, and AWS technologies such as AWS EMR, AWS Athena, and
- Build and Lead a highly talented, distributed, cross-functional
team of engineers and analysts
- Build cross-functional relationships, sharing clear context
with our stakeholders, users, teams, and product managers.
- Own the development of strategies and processes to solve our
data operations needs, drive tactical execution, and evolve a
fast-moving and inclusive team.
- Grow the team while maintaining a high technical bar and
securing talent that embodies our culture. What You'll Bring
- The ability to lead and align a cross-functional team of
high-level stakeholders around a single mission
- The ability to hire and motivate a high-performing
- Desire to lead a unique, multipurpose team of engineers and
analysts towards a shared objective
- Experience balancing teamwork between cross-functional
- Ability to identify and utilize each individual team member's
strengths, benefiting the greater organization
- Experience leading distributed teams across multiple
- Demonstrated team improvement through regular feedback
- Proven track record of automating away manual processes
- Strong data quality instincts: meaningful and deeply rooted
knowledge about sound processes, strategies, and technologies that
improve and enforce data quality
- A data-driven product development approach
- 5+ years of experience managing teams with experience managing
other managers and up to 10 years relevant work experience
- B.S. Computer Science, related field, or equivalent
professional experienceDo the best work of your life at
Realtor.comBuilding your career? Build it better at Realtor.com -.
Here, you'll partner with a diverse team of experts as you use
leading-edge tech to help people meet a crucial goal: finding their
way home. And you'll find your way home too. People are our
foundation-the core that drives us passionately forward. At
Realtor.com, you'll bring your full self to work as you innovate
with speed, serve our consumers, and champion your teammates. In
return, we'll provide you with a warm, welcoming, and inclusive
culture; intellectual challenges; and the development opportunities
you need to grow.
Keywords: Realtor.com, Santa Clara , Director, Software Engineering - Data Ops, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!