Technical Program Manager - Autonomous Vehicles
Company: NVIDIA Corporation
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 23, 2022
We are now looking for a Technical Program Manager for
Autonomous Vehicles! Intelligent machines powered by Artificial
Intelligence computers that can learn, reason and interact with
people are no longer science fiction. Today, a self-driving car
powered by AI can meander through a country road at night and find
its way. An AI-powered robot can learn motor skills through trial
and error - this is truly an extraordinary time and the era of AI
has begun. Image recognition and speech recognition - GPU Deep
Learning has provided the foundation for machines to learn,
perceive, reason and solve problems. The GPU started out as the
engine for simulating human creativity, conjuring up the amazing
virtual worlds of video games and Hollywood films.We are seeking a
creative and experienced Program Manager to help us take our
autonomous vehicle software out to the world and enable our
customers to use the technology we are developing. You will work
with hardworking and dedicated multi-functional engineering teams
across various vehicle subsystems to integrate their work into our
autonomous driving application. The mission is to help define DRIVE
SW application plans and then implement them including setting
goals, tracking progress and communicating clearly to upper
management.What you will be doing:
- Work with the engineering team to define and implement project
roadmaps, schedules, and deliverables. Coordinate release content
and integration efforts with multiple program/engineering managers
who own individual components.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope,
schedule and quality.
- Establish metrics to assist with assessing the health of the
- Guide the team on performing in proper agile/scrum manner.
- Assist in defining and carrying out end to end SW integration
process and platform bring up for in-car, SIL and HIL
- Assist in improving processes and procedures within the team.
Help streamline day-to-day operations.
- Support the release team to plan and implement automotive
software releases in a highly dynamic environment, with release
cadence of 1-3 months.
- Regularly communicate the program status and key issues to
management and across the organization.What we need to see:
- 10+ years recent Technical Program/Project Management
experience driving the planning and execution of software
engineering projects, and releasing commercial products.
- BS/MS Computer Science or related field (or equivalent
- Experience leading successful releases with short release
cadence in a dynamic environment.
- Expertise in Agile and Scrum methodology and how to tailor
these to the team.
- Consistent record of leading and successfully delivering
organizational wide programs and projects as well as process
- Proven track record to evaluate and drive adoption of new and
improved process workflows in medium to large organizations
- Experience in successfully leading global projects across
multiple time zones
- Experience with Jira and/or Jama, to the point of being
comfortable to instruct an engineering team how to use and execute
using these toolsWays to Stand Out From The Crowd:
- Technical Program Management or systems engineering experience
for large-scale mission/safety critical systems
- Experience with Autonomous Vehicles or robotics SW stacks
- Understanding of embedded systems and the technology and
algorithms involved in self-driving vehicles.
- Experience with new product introduction and program managing
production oriented teams.
- PMP, Scrum Master certification.The Colorado Equal Pay for
Equal Work Act requires that NVIDIA provide the compensation range
and benefits offered for this position if performed in Colorado. -
The base salary range for this position in Colorado is $169,200.00
- 232,650.00 USD.NVIDIA also offers a comprehensive benefits
package. We provide health care coverage, dental and vision, -
401(K), including company matching and after tax contributions, -
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Employee Assistance Program
(EAP), company paid holidays, paid sick leave, vacation leave, -
professional time off, - life and disability protection. Employees
in eligible sales and positions may also be eligible for
commission.Base pay is based on market location and may vary based
on factors including experience, skills, education, - and other
job-related reasons.NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work
environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we
highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do
not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices)
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: NVIDIA Corporation, Santa Clara , Technical Program Manager - Autonomous Vehicles, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!