Telecommunications Data Technician
Company: California's Great America
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview: Under occasional supervision, installs, maintains and
repairs telecommunications systems; installs network wiring for
computers and installs and maintains cash registers. Provides
technical assistance in general electronic maintenance as
necessary. Reports to the Technical Services Foreperson.
- Monitors operation of the telephone and voice mail systems and
performs maintenance and repair work as necessary.
- Performs telephone and voice mail system programming.
- Installs and repairs telephone instruments and related
- Generates reports on telephone/voice mail system usage and
- Updates routine telephone lists and other records.
- Installs, maintains and repairs cash registers.
- Installs network wiring for computers.
- Assists with other technical services duties as required,
including troubleshooting or repairing sound systems, games,
- Assists in supervising daily activities of assigned seasonal
- Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Communicates with and helps to coordinate efforts of
- Performs all work in accordance with established policies and
procedures, codes and regulations, and standards of quality and
- Attends workshops, training, meetings, etc., to stay abreast of
industry trends, products and resources.
- Receives and reviews various records and reports including work
orders, repair tickets, rehab lists, etc.
- Prepares and/or processes call accounting reports, purchase
orders, inventory lists, telephone lists, work orders, daily
- Refers to policy and procedure manuals, maintenance manuals,
technical manuals and diagrams, trade magazines, parts catalogs,
- Operates a vehicle, Cushman cart, and various office equipment
including computers, cash register, da5ta terminal, adding machine,
copier, telephone, two-way radio, communications equipment,
- Uses computer and clerical supplies, meters, measuring devices,
diagnostic equipment, parts, cabling, soldering iron, various hand
and power tools, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals
such as the immediate supervisor, other Park supervisors and staff,
co-workers, guests, vendors, contractors, telephone company
representatives, etc. Qualifications:
- Requires a vocational diploma in telecommunications and/or
electronics maintenance and repair work, or related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience, or an equivalent
combination of education, training and experience that provides the
required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid California Driver's License.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to
meet business needs.
Keywords: California's Great America, Santa Clara , Telecommunications Data Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!