Senior System Software Engineer - Security
Company: NVIDIA Corporation
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Senior System Software Engineer - Security page is loaded Senior
System Software Engineer - Security Apply locations US, CA, Santa
Clara time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job
requisition id JR1968219 We are looking for a Senior System
Software - Security!NVIDIA's invention of the GPU in 1999 sparked
the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer
graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU
deep learning ignited modern deep learning - the next era of
computing - with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots,
and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world.
Today, we are increasingly known as "the AI computing company."
We're looking to grow our company and establish teams with the most
thoughtful people in the world. Are you ready to change the next
generation of computing? Join us at the forefront of technological
advancement.What you'll be doing:
- Design and implement security/cryptography related software for
NVIDIA server platforms from requirements to production and
- Responsible for implementing the Unified Firmware security
architecture across platforms and keeping task tracking systems up
to date in an agile development environment.
- Analyze and enhance security, efficiency, stability,
scalability of system resources and assess third party and open
source software for security vulnerabilities.
- You are responsible for developing and reviewing code,
reviewing design documents, use case reviews, and test plan
- Work with test engineers to develop proper security testing
- Provide software quality reports based on static analysis, code
coverage, CPU load.
- Work with the security team to ensure developed code is in line
with product security goals and drive product life cycles with QA
teams to productize the module, and be responsible as a product
- Generate API documentation from code using Swagger or similar
tools, as well as help generate content for user guides to pursue
customer problems etc.What we need to see:
- Deep understanding of SW product development lifecycle and
understanding of PKI, X.509 certificate and security
- Proven working experience in security/cryptography software
development and troubleshooting on embedded systems.
- You should possess excellent programming and scripting skills
using C/C++, Bash, Python, etc. both for Linux user-space programs
and system programs with thorough code reviewing skills.
- Familiar with cryptographic algorithms (such as AES, SHA, RSA,
ECC), security protocols (such as TLS, IPSEC), and secure coding
and static analysis tools.
- Familiarity with secure boot, secure firmware update, code
signing, hardware root-of-trust, Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM
2.0) and firmware attestation techniques.
- Experience in baseboard management controller (BMC), IDS/IPS
and familiarity with BMC related protocols is plus. Experience in
driving ideas from architecture to implementation and getting
sign-off from all partners in tight schedules.
- Strong in Linux fundamentals, various Linux distributions and
packages, Linux upgrade mechanisms, building and deploying Linux
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or
Computer Science, Master's Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience.Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Contributor to industry standards like Open Compute Project
(OCP), OpenBMC, DMTF, TCG and to open source projects.
- Expertise in system software and platform security for x86/ARM
based Rack/Blade server systems.
- Experience with writing automated unit test suites for each
implemented module and maintain detailed unit test case
reports.NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology
world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most
forward-thinking and hardworking people on the planet working for
us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!The
base salary range is $176,000 - $333,500. Your base salary will be
determined based on your location, experience, and the pay of
employees in similar positions. You will also be eligible for
equity and benefits . NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse
work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As
we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we
do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion
practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Similar Jobs (5) Senior System Software Engineer
locations US, CA, Santa Clara time type Full time posted on Posted
30+ Days Ago Senior System Software Engineer locations US, CA,
Santa Clara time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago About
Us 0:00 -/ - 3:32 NVIDIA is a Learning Machine NVIDIA pioneered
accelerated computing to tackle challenges no one else can solve.
Our work in AI and the metaverse is transforming the world's
largest industries and profoundly impacting society. Learn more
about NVIDIA .
Keywords: NVIDIA Corporation, Santa Clara , Senior System Software Engineer - Security, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!