Senior Patent Counsel, Health & Technology
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 18, 2021
- 2105896357W Job Description
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior
Patent Counsel to be based in the San Francisco Bay Area. This
position will report to one of Johnson & Johnson's Senior Patent
Counsel and primarily provide support across Johnson & Johnson
business sectors, in conjunction with Johnson & Johnson's
initiative in Health and Technology. Caring for the world, one
person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson &
Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science --
bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the
health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson
Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the
lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness
of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. As a Senior Patent Counsel, you will:
- Provide a full range of patent support functions, including
patent preparation and prosecution freedom-to-operate studies
(e.g., infringement and validity analysis), and particularly,
- Provide due diligence support for business development
activities - strong emphasis.
- Support US and OUS litigation.
- Manage outside preparation and prosecution counsel.
- Make regular presentations and interact with the business about
patents, other intellectual property, contracts, and due diligence
- Provide training to business personnel on patents, intellectual
property, and contractual matters.
- Provide transaction support for R&D teams (e.g., draft and
negotiate license and research collaboration agreements).
- A Bachelor's degree is required. An undergraduate or advanced
degree in Applied Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer
Science or Computer Engineering, Physics, Electrcial Engineering or
Systems Engineering-- --is preferred.
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and admission
to practice before the USPTO and licensed to practice in at least
one state are required.
- A minimum of 7 years of law firm or corporate law department
experience is required.
- Patent preparation and prosecution experience is required.
- Experience in the rendering of patentability and
non-infringement opinions is required.
- Experience in due diligence activities, license/agreement
drafting and negotiation is preferred.
- A demonstrated competency in the computer or electromechanical
arts and combination technology systems (e.g., systems including
software, chemistry, biologic or materials component) is
- Experience handling patent matters related data science is
- The ability to articulate and positively engage clients and
internal partners is required.
- Must be capable of giving well organized, thoughtful
presentations to upper management.
- Travel up to 20% both domestically and internationally is
- This position will be based in Redwood City or Santa Clara.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis
United States-California-Redwood City-150 Shoreline Dr
United States-California-Santa Clara
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson Advancing New
Healthcare Solutions Through Collaboration Reimagining the Way
Healthcare Is Delivered Learn About the Company's Rich Heritage at
Our Digital Museum Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity
If you are an individual with a disability please check our
Disability Assistance page for information on how to request an
This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and
this site constitutes your consent to application of such laws and
on this site is subject to the terms of our Legal Notice . You
should view the News section and the most recent SEC Filings in the
Investor section in order to receive the most current information
made available by Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. Contact Us with
any questions or search this site for more information.
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Santa Clara , Senior Patent Counsel, Health & Technology, Legal , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!