Managing Attorney in Domestic Violence/Family Law, Ayuda
Company: Immigratin Advocatres Network
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Managing Attorney in Domestic Violence/Family Law, Ayuda Ayuda
is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing
direct legal, social and language access services, education, and
outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC
metropolitan area. Since 1973, Ayuda has provided critical services
on a wide range of issues, in the process acquiring nationally
recognized expertise in several fields including immigration law,
language access, domestic violence and human trafficking. Ayuda has
office locations in Washington, DC, Silver Spring, MD and Fairfax,
VA. Position: Ayuda is hiring a managing attorney for our domestic
violence/family law program, which operates in both DC and
Maryland. A successful applicant will believe, like everyone at
Ayuda, that all people should have access to professional, honest,
and ethical services, regardless of ability to pay or status in
this country, and that diversity and equality make this country
- Provide training, mentorship, and supervision to legal staff on
Ayuda's Domestic Violence and Family Law team, including attorneys
and administrative support staff.
- Collaborate with Ayuda's social services staff to ensure the
provision of holistic services for survivors of domestic violence,
sexual assault, and stalking, with particular attention to services
provided through Ayuda's clinics serving D.C. residents and
residents of Prince George's County, Maryland.
- Provide direct legal representation for a small caseload
consisting of family law and domestic violence-related matters,
including representation of clients in Civil Protection Order
(CPO), divorce, child custody, and child support matters in both
D.C. and Maryland.
- Provide frequent consultations for survivors seeking advice
regarding family law and domestic violence matters in both D.C. and
- Prepare and submit grant proposals and reports in collaboration
with Ayuda's legal director and grants team.
- Ensure the department's compliance with grant requirements and
outcomes, in collaboration with Ayuda's legal director and grants
- Work with Ayuda's legal director and finance team to ensure
appropriate program and grant financial management.
- Represent Ayuda at meetings and collaborations with other
- Conduct trainings and community outreach on immigration
- Collaborate with and support the organization's legal team
leadership across offices and programs.
- Collaborate with Ayuda's development department for fundraising
initiatives, media requests, elevating our clients' voices, and
publicity opportunities. Qualifications:
- Must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain
proper work authorization throughout employment. Must be able to
meet the physical requirements of the position presented in a
general office environment.
- Individuals who are licensed attorneys in good standing with
both the Maryland and D.C. bars are strongly preferred; candidates
must be an attorney in good standing with either the Maryland bar
or the D.C. bar at the time of application and immediately eligible
to apply for admission upon motion to the other.
- Must have at least four years' legal services experience
providing domestic violence/family law services to survivors of
domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking or at least 7 years
of other relevant legal experience (including litigation and/or
government positions), with a strong preference for those with
experience providing direct legal services to low-income immigrants
and those with supervisory/management experience.
- Supervisory experience, with at least two years of supervisory
experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with low-income immigrant populations and
survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, or other survivors
- Fluency in Spanish or another language commonly spoken among
immigrants in the District and Maryland strongly preferred
(languages frequently spoken by our DV/FL clients in D.C. and
Maryland beyond Spanish include Urdu, Amharic, Arabic, and French).
How to Apply: To apply, please submit cover letter and resume here
Keywords: Immigratin Advocatres Network, Santa Clara , Managing Attorney in Domestic Violence/Family Law, Ayuda, Legal , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!