Immigration Staff Attorney, Catholic Charities of Long Island
Company: Immigratin Advocatres Network
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Immigration Staff Attorney, Catholic Charities of Long
IslandCatholic Charities' Immigrant Services Program helps
immigrants who come to Long Island seeking work, a better way of
life or reunion with loved ones. Services include legal counseling,
case management/advocacy, language training, citizenship programs,
employment services, and community organizing.Position:We are
seeking a full-time, highly motivated Immigration Attorney to join
our team. The attorney will counsel, prepare applications and
represent individuals before the Executive Office for Immigration
Review, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
pursuing legal relief, including but not limited to Asylum, VAWA, U
and T visas and New York State Family Court in guardianship and
custody hearings related to unaccompanied minor cases.A full
benefits package accompanies the position including earned time off
(vacation, personal, sick), 17 paid holidays, health/dental, free
life insurance, and a retirement savings
- Provide representation and legal advice to clients in removal
proceedings before USCIS, EOIR and State Family Courts.
- Provide representation to unaccompanied minors before the EOIR,
USCIS, and State Family Court.
- Maintain clients' electronic and paper case files in good
working order and update regularly in our Lawlogix and case
- Participate in Staff Meetings and Case Reviews.
- Attend Stakeholders meetings as required.
- Assist in outreach and educational events with local parishes
and community based organizations.
- Assist in mentoring legal interns, fellows and
- Juris Doctor.
- Admission to NYS Bar; will consider law graduates and attorneys
working towards admission to the NY Bar.
- Experience working with immigrant population a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to advocating for immigrant
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team
setting, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel throughout Long Island and NYC.How to
Apply:Please email resume and cover letter of interest to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 516.733.7038.Please reference
"Immigrant Services Attorney" in the subject line of your email or
Keywords: Immigratin Advocatres Network, Santa Clara , Immigration Staff Attorney, Catholic Charities of Long Island, Legal , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!