Staff Attorney, ActionNYC in Schools
Company: Immigratin Advocatres Network
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Staff Attorney will join CCCS staff as part of a coordinated
citywide initiative, ActionNYC, -which will reach immigrant
communities across New York City to connect individuals to free
immigration legal -consultations, document preparation, and
application assistance. Although supervised by CCCS staff, the
Staff -Attorney will work primarily at rotating Community Schools,
overseeing a team of six (6) migration -counselors/community
This is a full-time position that will require the lawyer to work
part-time at rotating Community Schools, -overseeing a team of
three (3) migration counselors/community navigators, to provide
free immigration legal -screening clinics and referrals for
immigrant students and their families. The remaining time will be
spent -performing case work at CCCS' office. The position requires
willingness to travel to all five (5) boroughs and -availability to
work some weekend and evening hours. Days and hours of work are
generally 9:00 AM to 5 PM -Monday - Friday. Additional
evening/weekend hours are required to meet court and/or program
deadlines or -client needs. Responsibilities: -
- Train and closely supervise a team of six (6) navigators who
will conduct comprehensive immigration -legal screenings at
Community schools and provide application assistance to clients
eligible for -straightforward affirmative relief, including DACA,
TPS, naturalization, green card renewals, and -others.
- Oversee the provision of all immigration legal services,
including the provision legal advice on -eligibility, review of all
applications prepared by navigators, and on-going case management
- Capacity permitting, provide direct representation to clients
for more complex forms of immigration -relief.
- Make appropriate referrals of complex cases that are beyond the
scope of the ActionNYC initiative to -other legal services
- Participate in ActionNYC trainings and work closely with
ActionNYC staff to implement program -protocols.
- Track and report on data to ActionNYC and maintain case
information in LawLogix, CCCS's internal -case management
- Participate in large-scale screening events, including
supervision of volunteers and staff.
- Assist with community outreach and know-your-rights workshops
to educate immigrant communities about forms of immigration relief.
- Juris Doctor.
- At least one (1) to three (3) years of experience in
immigration law, representing clients in affirmative -benefits
applications to USCIS or in removal defense, ideally with prior
experience representing children.
- Admission to the New York State bar; will consider attorneys
working toward admission to the NY Bar.
- Experience supervising paralegals or other staff is
- Bilingual in English and a 2nd language preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and experience working with diverse individuals and
- Flexible schedule and availability for occasional evening and
weekend work. How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Keywords: Immigratin Advocatres Network, Santa Clara , Staff Attorney, ActionNYC in Schools, Legal , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!