Family Defense Program Staff Attorney, Americans for Immigrant Justice
Company: Immigratin Advocatres Network
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Family Defense Program Staff Attorney, Americans for Immigrant
JusticeAmericans for Immigrant Justice (AI Justice), a
not-for-profit law firm founded in 1996 to protect
and promote the basic human rights of immigrants, has a
multicultural and a multilingual staff.
AI Justice has represented clients from around the world and is
recognized as a powerful
advocate and national leader for immigrants' rights. AI Justice
works closely with traditional civil
rights organizations as well as with grassroots organizations and
local, state and national
government officials to effect positive change in immigration
policies.The Family Defense Program (FDP) informs and empowers
immigrants, particularly mixed-
status families and long-time residents whose futures are
uncertain. With its signature combination of community outreach,
education, and direct representation, FDP staff fight to
keep Florida families safe and together. Through legal screening
clinics and Know Your Rights presentations, the FDP team
bridgesgaps in access to legal services and dispels rampant
misinformation.Position:Americans for Immigrant Justice (AI
Justice) seeks an immigration attorney for their Family
Defense Program to help immigrants through direct representation
and broader legal advocacy.Responsibilities:
- Provide legal representation for Family Defense Program
eligible clients in immigration proceedings before the Immigration
Court; appellate proceedings before the Board of Immigration
Appeals; and proceedings before the U.S. Citizenship and
- Represent clients seeking immigration benefits, including but
not limited to asylum, family petitions, cancellation of removal,
and/or U nonimmigrant status.
- Evaluate cases for relief and provide legal consultations and
referrals to other nonprofit organizations or private attorneys for
- Provide Know Your Rights Presentations in the community
- Assist with planning and execution of legal screening
- Membership in good standing of any state bar.
- Fully bilingual, including reading and writing, in English and
- Experience in immigration law, including experience with
removal defense, family immigration, asylum, and/or U visa cases
- Experience working with survivors of trauma preferred.
- Strong writing, research and analytical skills; strong
communication and group leadership skills.
- Interest in policy advocacy at the national level.
- Excellent presentation skills for community outreach, education
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Enthusiastic about and committed to working alongside people
from diverse cultural, educational, professional, and socioeconomic
backgrounds. A demonstrated belief in diversity, inclusion, and
equity for all individuals.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment that values
giving and receiving feedback.
- Must have own transportation.
- Must be willing to submit to an extensive background check,
including FBI, statewide repository, and sex offender registry
checks.How to apply:To apply, please email your resume and cover
letter in PDF format, using the subject line "FDP
PROGRAM STAFF ATTORNEY" to email@example.com
Keywords: Immigratin Advocatres Network, Santa Clara , Family Defense Program Staff Attorney, Americans for Immigrant Justice, Legal , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!