Corporate Counsel, Leasing
Company: Vantage Data Centers
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 18, 2022
About Vantage Data CentersVantage is committed to being a
workplace of inclusion, equity, respect and acceptance. We
celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to
learn from one another's experience.Vantage Data Centers powers,
cools, protects and connects the technology of the world's
well-known hyperscalers, cloud providers and large enterprises.
Developing and operating across North America, EMEA and Asia
Pacific, Vantage has evolved data center design in innovative ways
to deliver dramatic gains in reliability, efficiency and
sustainability in flexible environments that can scale as quickly
as the market demands.Position DescriptionThe Corporate Counsel,
Leasing (North America) is responsible for legal support of client
agreements in North America, including data center leases, service
agreements, and related documents. In addition to providing
excellent legal expertise and support, the candidate must bring a
proactive, business, and solution-oriented mindset to legal
matters, an enterprise lens, and a proven ability to work
collaboratively across the organization. Ideal candidates for this
role will have data center or related technology expertise,
in-house or law firm experience, strong business acumen, enterprise
leadership, passion for growing a business, and experience in
continuous improvement and driving enhancements that benefit the
Company.Essential Job Functions
- Provide legal guidance and negotiation expertise with respect
to data center transactions in North America.
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather input and consensus
on technical, operational, and compliance aspects of data center
- Be a strategic partner by providing practical,
business-focused, and sound legal advice to North American Sales,
Finance, Corporate Development, and Operations teams.
- Provide proactive and strategic-level advice that enables
Vantage to achieve its business and strategic objectives while
fully and appropriately managing and leveraging legal risk.
- Responsible for assisting with all legal matters involving
- Draft and negotiate data center agreements with hyperscalers
and other large wholesale and enterprise clients, including,
without limitation, letters of intent, lease agreements, repeatable
lease templates, colocation agreements, development agreements,
master service agreements, service orders, and non-disclosure
- Assist with the development, implementation, and management of
methodology improvements in the client negotiation process and
resolve legal issues that arise in existing client
- Support global legal strategy for client agreements, including
contract management and governance.
- Provide legal analysis of client agreements in support of
certain business development and financing transactions, including
document review and due diligence.
- Provide legal guidance with respect to compliance initiatives
for client agreements.
- Assist with the development of and updates to client-related
agreement templates and provide counseling on the use of such
- Support North American Sales, Finance, Corporate Development,
and Operations teams as needed.Job Requirements
- Qualified and registered attorney in the United States.
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience.
- Experience within the data center industry strongly
- Working knowledge of commercial real estate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-rounded lawyer who is also a practical and business-minded
- Strong communication, negotiation, and legal writing skills.
Good interpersonal and management skills.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills that enable
the candidate to juggle multiple responsibilities at once and
consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Impeccable integrity, credibility, character, and ethics.We
operate with No Ego and No Arrogance. We work to build each other
up and support one another, appreciating each other's strengths and
respecting each other's weaknesses. We find joy in our work and
each other, actively seeking opportunities to inject fun into what
we do. Our hard an efficient work is rewarded with an above market
total compensation package. We offer a comprehensive suite of
health and welfare, retirement, and paid leave benefits exceeding
local expectations.Safety and security always matter. During COVID,
all positions that can work remotely have been, and appropriate
steps have been taken to ensure the safety of employees in any
position essential to be on site. Regardless of where you are
working, technology to work effectively is provided on or in
advance of your first day of employment.Throughout the year, the
advantage of being part of the Vantage team is evident with an
array of benefits, recognition, training and development, and the
knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our
community.Don't meet all the requirements? Please still apply if
you think you are the right person for the position. We are always
keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and
values.Vantage Data Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Vantage Data Centers, Santa Clara , Corporate Counsel, Leasing, Legal , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!