Immigration Attorney or Fully-Accredited Representative, Diocese of Olympia Refugee Resettlemen[...]
Company: Immigratin Advocatres Network
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Immigration Attorney or Fully-Accredited Representative, Diocese
of Olympia Refugee Resettlement OfficeThe Diocese of Olympia's
Refugee Resettlement Office has assisted nearly 400 refugees
Afghanistan as they start new lives in the United States. After
entering the US with inspection
from an Immigration Officer, these persons have been granted status
as Humanitarian Parolees.
Our task is to assist them with an affirmative application for
asylum. Funds to provide these
services come from the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR)
for a limited time:Position:To help our organization maintain a
high level of service to refugees when ORR funds are no
longer available, the person hired to this position will build a
fee-based immigration program.
The program that emerges from these efforts will help refugees and
immigrants with a wide
variety of petitions to the United States Citizenship and
Immigration Service for immigration
benefits.In addition, the person in this position will build a
housing supply for newly arrived refugees.
Most refugee arrivals are poor, have no credit history, are seeking
a first job and have no
positive or negative documentation of financial history in the US.
The Diocese of Olympia is
charged with finding landlords who are willing to offer rental
units to refugees and parolees.
This includes development and initial review of rental agreements
to which the Diocese of
Olympia will be a co-signer. Pay is $68,000 per year +
- Provide training to the partially accredited representatives on
- Consult with staff on difficult cases.
- Supervise both a legal-immigration assistant and a housing
- Evaluate current software used for our immigration assistance
program and support the use
- of this software, or alternative software, through training and
management of staff.
- Organize the provision of our legal services for refugee and
- Maintain case files and documents
- Develop a fee based immigration program that will support our
immigration program when
- the 11 to 18-month period of assistance to Afghan parolees
- Must work well with many different kinds of people from all
over the world
- Must read, write, and speak English with a high degree of
- Ability to work in person in Auburn.
- Must work well in a team and independently
- Responsible and professional: arrive on time to appointments.
Model an appropriate work
- Experience working with refugees, asylees, or immigrants is
preferred but not required.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google docs, Excel,
etc.The most successful candidates will also have a high degree of
patience, a good sense of humor,
and a "go with the flow" type attitude.How to Apply:Please send an
email email@example.com with your resume, a cover letter and
references.Inquiries and resumes will be accepted until June 3,
2022. All candidates submitting resumes
and inquiring emails that pique our interest will be contacted via
a return email and scheduled
for a Zoom first interview. Candidates who are selected to move on
will then be scheduled for a
second in-person interview.
Keywords: Immigratin Advocatres Network, Santa Clara , Immigration Attorney or Fully-Accredited Representative, Diocese of Olympia Refugee Resettlemen[...], Legal , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!