Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York, Network and Systems Administrator
Company: Immigratin Advocatres Network
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York, Network and Systems
AdministratorThe Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York, Inc. is a
non-profit public interest law firm. We provide free legal
information, advice and representation to people who are unable to
afford a lawyer. The program area includes (13) counties: Broome,
Chenango, Cayuga, Cortland, Delaware, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis,
Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego and Otsego. In addition, our
Farmworker Law Project services the entire New York State out of
our New Paltz Office.Position:
The Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York (LASMNY), Inc. is actively
seeking a Network and Systems Administrator in our IT Department.
The position is based in our Utica, New York office and reports to
the Executive Director. The Network and Systems Administrator is
responsible for maximizing the productivity and efficiency of the
organization and employees through the implementation and
utilization of strategically selected technology and applications.
This position is meant to ensure all employees are provided the
technological tools beneficial and necessary to provide the highest
level of representation and assistance to our clients. The ideal
candidate will foster an environment of teamwork through which all
employees may advance their technology skills and will provide
stable and reliable technological platforms upon which this may be
- Provide oversight and support of a multi-site enterprise level
WAN, including planning, implementation, expansion, maintenance,
and troubleshooting of the wireless
infrastructure and supporting systems.
- Defines network policies and procedures and prepare and
maintain documentation of network configurations and site
- Fully supports, configures, maintains, and upgrades corporate
networks and hardware such as servers, routers, switches,
firewalls, and VPNs.
- Installs and integrates new network and server hardware and
applications as needed. Monitors computer networks (availability,
utilization, throughput, latency) and systems to improve
performance and ensure security.
- Ensures overall network security, connectivity, and business
continuity including Backup and Disaster Recovery protocols.
- Manages projects relating to office moves and relocations as
they occur. To include but not limited, to ensure new telecom
facilities are in place, all data cabling is complete, and
equipment closet with rack and patch panels are in place.
- Assembles new systems and prep them for distribution to
- Will be required to comply with Legal Services Corporation
(LSC) regulations, LASMNY policies and procedures and grant based
reporting requirements. Perform reasonable and related duties as
assigned by Executive Director. Travel is required and work hours
- The successful candidate will have 5 to 10 years of related
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field and proven experience in
a network and systems administrator role is preferred.
- Hands on experience with networking, routers, switches,
firewalls, VPN's, and remote connectivity.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management,
control, and monitoring of network infrastructure and servers.
Up-to-date knowledge of Network and Cybersecurity standards and
- Familiarity with SAN devices and virtual machines.
- Ability to set up and configure network telecommunications
hardware, servers and server hardware.
- Basic programming (VB/VBA), macro, and script development.
- Access and SQL database structure. Microsoft Exchange Server.
Windows operating systems (desktop and server).
- Working knowledge of Cisco telecommunications devices
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, and advanced
- Bilingual or multilingual a plus.How to apply:
We encourage interested qualified applicants to apply for this
position by providing a cover letter, resume, writing sample and
contact information for (3) professional references at
Keywords: Immigratin Advocatres Network, Santa Clara , Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York, Network and Systems Administrator, Legal , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!