Company: The Bay Club
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Under the direction of the Distance Learning Site Directors, the
Tutor is responsible for providing group tutoring sessions for our
members/guests, The tutor will assess, assist and encourage
students in their learning process, through revisiting overall
concepts and processes in specific subjects, assistance with
homework assignments or projects, preparation for tests, research
and other academic tasks. The tutor will demonstrate best practices
for specific subjects and assignments, and provide students with
positive and constructive feedback. Upon request, the Tutor may
also book private tutoring sessions as well.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time.PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide Group Tutoring to children in middle and high school in
Math and/or Science
- Provide Private Tutoring by request in Math and/or
- Reviewing classroom or curricula topics and
- Assisting students with homework, projects, test preparation,
papers, research and other academic tasks
- Working with students to help them understand key concepts,
especially those learned in the classroom
- Teaching skills to improve academic performance, including
study strategies, note-taking skills and approaches to answering
- Demonstrating academic best practices for specific subjects and
assignments, including research and writing tactics
- Developing and distributing teaching materials to supplement
classroom lessons, including study guides
- Conducting practice tests to track progress, identify areas of
improvement and help set goals for exam preparation
- Providing students positive and constructive feedback
- Offering feedback on progress to students' parents and teachers
Communication and Relationships
- Effectively and professionally interacts and communicates with
senior management, managers, other employees, vendors, members,
senior staff, owners, sponsors and clients, public agencies.
- Promote harmonious relations among members, staff, vendors, and
the community at-large.
Corporate Goals & Objectives
- Promote the company's safety goals and actively work towards
ensuring a safe working environment.
- Make professional development a consistent priority.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in other department to support the Distance Learning
Program as needed
Keywords: The Bay Club, Santa Clara , Tutor, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!