Sr-Level Board Design/SI/Systems Engineer
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Achronix is a privately held fabless corporation based in Santa
Clara, California and offers high-performance FPGA solutions.
Achronix's history is one of pushing the boundaries in the
high-performance FPGA market. Achronix offerings include
programmable FPGA fabrics, discrete high-performance and
high-density FPGAs with hardwired system-level blocks, data center
and HPC hardware accelerator boards, and best-in-class EDA software
supporting all Achronix products.Job
- Technical leadership of characterization efforts for electrical
interface of high-speed serial and parallel interfaces.
- Design of characterization and evaluation PCBs for Achronix
- Assist in the signal and power integrity analysis of board- and
- Root-cause analysis of board and silicon bugs as needed.
- Cross-functional team member in bring-up, validation,
characterization, support and documentation efforts related to
- Work with PCB design, layout and assembly vendors to ensure
successful and on-time delivery of boards.Required Skills
- Characterization of electrical interfaces of high speed serial
and parallel interfaces
- Design of high speed printed circuit boards, including
schematic capture, and management of placement and routing.
- Knowledge of different types of jitter and their sources, and
the methods of measuring jitter.
- Knowledge of high speed serial interfaces at 16Gbps and higher,
such as GDDR5/6, PCIe4/5, and Ethernet 56G.
- Knowledge of parallel memory interfaces, such as DDR4 .
- Good communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrate intermediate or better programming skills - Verilog
and Python are a strong plus
- Inquisitive mind that doesn't like to let goEducation and
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with board-level
signal integrity principles.
- Hands-on experience with S-parameters, transmission lines, and
- At least 5 years' experience working on PCB design, board
bring-up, and system-level debug
- Experience in characterizing or measuring performance of
high-speed serial interfaces operating up to 16 Gbps or higher
- Experience with 2.5D and/or 3D field solvers such as CST and
Ansys tools a plus
- Experience with circuit simulation tools such as Spice, ADS,
etc. a plus
- Intermediate or better knowledge of programming and script
writing, for example, Python, Perl, Tcl, C, etc.
- Basic or better knowledge of HDLs and synthesizers - Verilog,
- Experience in designing with and programming FPGAs is a
- Experience with lab test equipment: oscilloscopes, function
generators, logic analyzers, BERTs, etc.
- Master's degree in EE or equivalent, or a Bachelor's degree
with 5+ years of experience.
Keywords: Achronix, Santa Clara , Sr-Level Board Design/SI/Systems Engineer, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!