Talent Acquisition Leader, Americas - (M6)
Company: Applied Materials, Inc.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Austin,TX Applied Materials is the leader in materials
engineering solutions to produce virtually every new chip and
advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials
at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to
transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make
possible--- the technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we
employ some of the best, brightest, and most talented people in the
world who work together as part of a winning team. While virtually
every nationality, culture, and background are currently
represented within Applied Materials, we strive for a more robust
Culture of Inclusion (COI) and diversity. Leveraging our COI vision
helps drive innovation, build organizational capabilities, create
equal opportunities for everyone, and achieve our company's
definition of Winning.We are actively recruiting a Talent
Acquisition Leader, Americas.Key ResponsibilitiesSummary:
- Identify and provide thought-leadership and direction for
innovative and best-practice global TA practices, tools, processes,
- Design, develop, and lead transformation of the Americas Talent
Acquisition practice to fulfill the company's short and long-term
- Engage and lead team of recruiters, sourcers, and
project/program team members through transformational change of
both the HR function and the Talent Acquisition function.
- Partner closely with global business leaders, HR partners, and
hiring managers to assess talent needs; partner to develop talent
plans for organizations, units, and countries; and balance
competing priorities and timelines.
Financial and Operational Efficiency:
- Identify and oversee TA projects that have global impact.
- Implement forward-looking resource capacity modeling for the
Americas Talent Acquisition team to continually assess and ensure
adequate resources are in place to meet changing talent needs of
- Identify and implement opportunities to leverage
internal/external resources for cost-effective business
- Manage regional budget/expenses; find and implement
opportunities to maximize investments.
- Establish and provide performance metrics / measures to
continually assess team effectiveness against industry benchmarks
and to assess the business value of programs and processes.Change
- Build and execute regional talent acquisition strategy for
internal and external talent.
- Build trust and create followership to lead team through HR and
TA organizational transformation.
- Lead the team's transition from a request-driven model to a
consultative partnership model.Voice of the Customer
- Consult with HR and business leaders re: current and upcoming
talent needs to build supporting strategies, programs, and actions
to meet these needs.
- Consult with HR and business leaders re: build-vs-buy talent
decisions to support business strategy while following
organizational policies and procedures that support government and
- Partner in creation and implementation of stakeholder measures,
root cause analysis, and action plans.
- Develop and leverage partnerships across the enterprise to link
talent acquisition activities to other talent processes, such as
performance management, succession planning, and talent
reviews.Culture, Inclusion, and Purpose
- Create an inclusive environment to lead and develop a diverse,
world-class team of talent acquisition professionals.
- Lead talent acquisition strategy and actions for the business,
including needs analysis, development & execution of innovative
sourcing practices, and managing related programs.
- Drive thought-leadership and implementation of sourcing and
recruiting practices to attract and hire diverse candidates.
- Partner with the broader talent acquisition team for efficient
use of resources, tools, best practices and recruitment partnering
- Work across the global talent acquisition, HR, and other
functional teams to deliver business results.
- Seek and develop tactical and strategic partnerships to
innovate service delivery and results.
- Create and institutionalize connections between talent
acquisition and other service delivery units.Functional Knowledge
- Best-practice talent acquisition strategies, tools, and
operations, including emerging technologies.
- State and federal employment laws.
- Technology industry.Business Expertise
- 10+ years increasing responsibility in HR with emphasis in
talent acquisition or talent planning/management.--
- Fortune 50 company.
- 5 +years leadership experience, including virtual teams of
full-time, permanent, and contract resources.
- Budget/business case creation and management.
- Experience working in a rapidly changing, transformational
- Stakeholder management at the executive level.
- Experience leading global projects.
- Translate business strategies into clear objectives and
- Build diverse and inclusive teams.
- Change management.
- Metrics, data, analytics.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills.
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving.
- Project management & staffing capacity planning.
- Stakeholder relationship management.Leadership
- Leads through matrixed and direct leaders and individual
- Executes business plans and is key contributor to the
development of COE strategy.Problem Solving
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business
- Applies advanced analytical thought and judgment.Impact
- Partners across HR and business re: key talent acquisition
strategies and initiatives; allocates resources (people, money,
- Leverages talent analytics to inform talent acquisition
strategies (build vs. buy) and projects; shares regional
industry/competitor talent trends.
- Guided by business, HR, and COE--strategy, delivers results
that positively affect business success.Attributes and
- Action-oriented and results-oriented; takes initiative
- Learning mindset - seeks new ways of working; curious about the
market, competition, and industry
- Thrives on change; effectively handles surprises
- Self-disciplined, responsible, and conscientiousness
(organized, dependable, and thorough)
- Invested in the development of others; values diversity
- Relationship-oriented; partners and collaborates with
stakeholders up, down, and across the organization for the good of
the enterprise, not just for a single person or team
- Tactful and discerning; perceives others' motivations and
interests to effectively navigate many personalities and
prioritize/balance their competing needs
- Enterprise mindset and able to work effectively across the
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior
executive level and in external organizations; exercises
sensitivity to the audience--(Position requires understanding of
Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and
compliance with these standards at all times, including
demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting
Applied Materials' core values.)Company Facts:--
- Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT--
- Fiscal 2020 Revenue: $17.2 billion--
- Fiscal 2020 R&D: $2.2 billion--
- Founded: November 10, 1967--
- Headquarters: Santa Clara, California--
- Global Presence: 93 locations in 17 countries--
- Manufacturing: China, Germany, Israel, Italy, Singapore,
Taiwan, United States--
- Employees: -24,000 worldwide--
- Patents: -13,300 issued--"Applied Materials closed fiscal 2020
with record quarterly performance as demand for our semiconductor
systems and services remains very strong," said Gary Dickerson,
president and CEO. "Our future opportunities have never looked
better and, as powerful technology trends take shape, we are
uniquely positioned to accelerate our customers' roadmaps and
outperform our markets."
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
diversity in its workforce.#LI Education
- BA in business, Human Resources, or related/relevant field
- Master's degree desired but not required.
- SHRM and/or AIRS certifications helpful but not
DegreeSkillsCertifications:Languages:Years of Experience:10 - 15
YearsWork Experience:Additional InformationTravel:Yes, 10% of the
TimeRelocation Eligible:No Applied Materials is committed to
diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity
for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with
Disabilities. Posted 4 Days Ago Full time R2111728 About Us Applied
Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to
produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world.
Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an
industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into
reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the
technology shaping the future.
Keywords: Applied Materials, Inc., Santa Clara , Talent Acquisition Leader, Americas - (M6), Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!