We are now hiring a Power Modeling Tools and Infrastructure
NVIDIA prides ourselves in having energy efficient products. We
believe that continuing to maintain our products' energy efficiency
compared to competition is key to our continued success. Our team
is responsible for researching, developing, and deploying
methodologies to help NVIDIA's products become more energy
You will invent novel techniques to model, analyze, and reduce
power consumption. You will define research topics, plan and
execute them, to gain new and key insights on how and where power
is consumed. You will develop methodologies to apply knowledge from
your research to make our products more efficient. As a senior
member of the Low Power Methodology Team, you will collaborate with
Architects, Software Engineers, ASIC Design Engineers, Performance
and Physical Design teams to study and implement low power
methodologies for NVIDIA's next generation GPUs and Tegra SOCs.
Your contributions will help us improve idle power and active power
for various workloads, by influencing architectural, design, and
power management improvements.
What you'll be doing:
* Define and implement tools and methodologies for efficient
integration of power models with performance tools.
* Build efficient data pipelines to gather data from different
sources, such as simulation, emulation, for developing power
* Develop tools and infrastructure to mine data from pre-silicon
and post-silicon performance runs to identify GPU utilization,
power consumption and energy usage.
* Interact with power model developers to identify bottlenecks
in the flow and speedup model development and integration.
* Work with performance, verification and emulation methodology
and infrastructure development teams to integrate power models into
* Experiment with various ML techniques to improve accuracy of
* Enable efficient storage and retrieval of data from
* Enable easy visualization of data using platforms such as
What we need to see:
* MS (or equivalent experience) with 3+ years of experience or
PhD in related fields.
* Strong coding skills, preferably in Python, C++.
* Ability to formulate and analyze algorithms, and comment on
their runtime and memory complexities.
* Background in machine learning, AI, and/or statistical
modeling is a plus.
* Basic understanding of VLSI, digital design, and computer
* Background of fundamental concepts of power and energy
consumption, estimation, and low power design.
* Desire to bring quantitative decision-making and analytics to
improve the energy efficiency of our products.
* Good verbal/written English and interpersonal skills.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value
diversity in our current and future employees, we do not
discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on
the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender
expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by