Senior Cloud Engineering Manager
Company: Teradata Corporation
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Requisition Number: 209909
Position Title: Senior Manager, Cloud Engineering
Senior Cloud Engineering Manager
Do you describe yourself as a strong leader and a person focused
on delivering results? Are you passionate about building a highly
scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public
cloud environments like AWS, Azure or GCP? Do you enjoy leading and
growing a team of engineers?
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company
is looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Engineering Manager who
is passionate about building innovative cloud services. This is
your opportunity to be part of the team that's working in a startup
environment and directly influence the future of cloud-based
analytics solutions and services. As part of our cloud
organization, you'll build, own and manage an engineering team and
lead them to build various cloud services.
- Build and manage a cloud engineering team with an execution
- Define long term strategic technology and process
- Provide technical guidance to a team of engineers and
architects, including ability to dive into the details as
- Strong technical and people leadership skills.
- Build low-friction APIs, highly-responsive web UIs and
intuitive CLIs using professional software engineering practices
and best practices for full software development life cycle (SDLC),
including coding standards, code reviews, source control
management, build process, testing, and operations.
- Lead day to day direction of Cloud Engineering team/s.
- Develop DevOps processes and procedures to rapidly transition
new Cloud Services into production.
- Provide regular reports on how Cloud architecture and UI design
are impacting development, quality, operations, and
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, PMs
and senior leadership team.
- Evaluate new technologies, open-source libraries, cloud native
services and define long term strategic investments and feature
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field or
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Demonstratable experience of managing and leading an
engineering team to build and operate a cloud service in public
- Demonstratable proficiency in at least one modern
general-purpose programming language (like Java, C++, Node.js,
Typescript, Go and Python)
- Experience working with automated deployments and source
code/configuration management tools (such as GitHub, AWS
CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform,
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with other internal and
external partner organizations
- Deep passion for quality and customer focus.
- Proven experience building services on at least one of public
cloud platforms (AWS or Azure or GCP).
- Experience in multiple roles such as distributed systems, front
end, database systems and full stack.
- Experience mentoring software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices
within your team.
- Experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like
Kubernetes, Mesos etc.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base
salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental
and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and
backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent
to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across
our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity
and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin,
sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability,
medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or
expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into
their greatest asset. We're the cloud data analytics platform
company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the
world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we
endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because
our mission isn't just about the collection of data - it's about
revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives,
optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and
using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US
Keywords: Teradata Corporation, Santa Clara , Senior Cloud Engineering Manager, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!