Market Manager - Santa Clara County
Company: Force Brands LLC
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with
roots in the wine country on Californias Central Coast.
Job Summary: As a Market Manager (MM), your
role is ultimately charged with increasing the sales of the most
awarded beers in America. This includes direct account
responsibility for key on and off-premise accounts, and increasing
distribution across all channels of trade, secure strong relations
at existing and new accounts, and working closely with the
distributor network in the assigned territory to maintain/develop
all accounts. This position will call on the local distributor in
San Jose, CA & South Bay areas, CA and will specifically cover
Santa Clara County.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are
not limited to, the following activities:
- Aggressively pursue new on & off-premise distribution
- Call on existing key accounts to secure existing & obtain new
distribution, making timely presentations and introducing new and
limited release beers
- 100% Display execution on Ad items on a monthly basis
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with
account staff and distributor sales personnel
- Travel to company sales meetings; participate in market blitzes
in other territories, and otherwise work with other members of the
FW team to execute/achieve the sales plan
- Complete necessary administrative reporting on a timely basis.
(Expenses, weekly planning, recaps)
- Maintain all Sales Goals and personal budgets outlined to you
and your territory
- Plan, execute and activate action plans during development days
with supervisor, including responses acknowledging the action
- Maintaining and acquiring On-Premise (draft) accounts
- Make new account/new business calls per week on non-buy
accounts, and existing accounts.
- Key accounts ---Identify, maintain and grow these top accounts
in your market
- Make monthly account development calls on the top Off-Premise
accounts in your assigned territory
- Focus on securing new distribution and ensuring booked
promotional activity is being fulfilled.
- Merchandise key off-premise accounts securing product and point
of sale placement maximizing brand awareness and product sales (per
established territory merchandising standards)
- Monitor inventory levels and liaise with your Distributor
Inventory Manager and Beer Traffic Control (BTC)
- Manage promotion budget maximizing promotional activity at key
on and off premise accounts
- Execute promotional and special event activity weekly
- Conduct monthly inventory checks of each of your distributor
warehouses and feedback to your TSM.
- Other duties as periodically assigned by your supervisor.
- High School diploma and Bachelors degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a sales position; prior beer sales
- Knowledge of all Firestone Walker beers, other craft beers and
the craft beer community
- Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to
convey information effectively; strong written communication
- Strong persuasion skills: Ability to influence others decision
making or persuading others to change their minds or behavior
- Active listening - This is the key to all sales presentations,
understanding your goals can only be achieved by listening to
account needs and filling those needs
- Excellent time management skills- able to be proactive and take
- Excellent organization and coordination skills- Able to manage
priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently
- Social perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and
understanding why they react as they do
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile
- Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated
programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs)
- Decision making skills -collect, assess and interpret relevant
information and make sound judgment
- Valid Driver License with a good driving record, a reliable,
registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from
- Cicerone, or other Beer certification strongly preferred
- Must be available to work nights and weekends and work more
than 40 hours per week; and lift and or move up to 50 pounds
- MUST HAVE SUPPLIER OR DISTRIBUTOR EXPERIENCE
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, reach with hands and arms. Ability to
lift up to 50 pounds with assistance.
What Firestone Walker Offers:
Please submit your cover letter and resume with your work
experience when applying.
- Competitive compensation package for an experienced individual
with the right skills.
- An excellent benefits package including:
- 100% paid premiums for employee including medical, dental,
vision, & life insurance
- Accrued PTO (rate of 13 days per year)
- Accrued Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) 24 hours
max usage per year
- 401(k) retirement plan including company paid profit sharing &
- 8 paid holidays per year
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign up to receive updates from ForceBrands
Not-to-miss hiring insights, exclusive interviews, and the
latest opportunities at leading consumer brands
Keywords: Force Brands LLC, Santa Clara , Market Manager - Santa Clara County, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!