EIGHT TIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING
2016 THROUGH 2020!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino,
Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and
strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We
provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such
as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed
and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons
who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education,
job skill, or experience.
POSITION TITLE: Warehouse and Transportation Manager
This position has an annual salary of $58,240
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Manage and coordinate activities of
the Warehouse, Transportation, Salvage and Outlet Store Center that
will ensure maximum profitability and efficiency. Manage
departments in compliance with Goodwill's policies and
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: Will provide supervision to Outlet
Store Center Assistant Manager and Warehouse/Transportation
Assistant Manager, clients, community service workers and
volunteers. Will provide supervision in the warehouse as directed
by the Director of Operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Achieve or exceed the planned expense/revenue ratio. Monitor
ratio daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Manage the intake and processing of post-retail product to
achieve or exceed the daily production goals.
- Manage all salvage production; Process merchandise, schedule
vendor pick-ups and keep accurate records and invoices of all
aspects pertaining to salvage and e-waste.
- Coordinate GIRE truck deliveries with the Transportation
Department to ensure efficient and timely movement of product.
- Maintain budgeted staffing levels with employees that meet or
exceed the performance standards of their position.
- Maintain budgeted levels of supplies.
- Train employees and consumers in proper work habits, job
responsibilities, and policies/procedures. Implement client
training programs and coordinate with WFD Department.
- Provide professional customer service.
- Maintain required sales, inventory, personnel, and supply
records. Send accurate and complete paperwork to the appropriate
department at the administrative office. Accurately complete and
submit employee payroll records.
- Manage post-retail operations in accordance with high
professional work ethics and integrity.
- Represent GIRE in a professional manner at all times.
- Follow and enforce safety policies and procedures. Work closely
with the GIRE Safety coordinator and follow and enforce policies
and procedures related to loss prevention. Work closely with the
Loss Prevention coordinator.
- Attend meetings as requested. Provide information for effective
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of incidents and
- Provide a safe work environment. In the event of a fire or
drill, have ultimate responsibility for employee, consumer, and
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to motivate others
- Capable of handling multiple tasks
- High school diploma or equivalent. AA degree desirable.
- Minimum of five years' experience in increasingly responsible
- Three or more years' experience in material handling, warehouse
operations, transportation and/or donated goods product flow.
- Organized and able to work independently.
- Good communication skills, both in writing, and orally. Ability
to write reports, evaluations, and other correspondence utilizing
good English skills.
- Respond positively to the public and represent Goodwill in a
professional manner at all times. Ability to handle and resolve
customer inquiries and complaints tactfully and
- Able to positively influence and motivate assigned staff.
- Experience in budget control, cash management, and basic fiscal
- Good computer skills. Intermediate skills in Work, Excel and
Outlook. Typing of at least 35 WPM.
- Able to lift up to and including 50 pounds.
- Flexibility. Must be willing to accept assignments in various
GIRE locations and to accept scheduling changes within department.
Some weekend work required.
- Must have access to a vehicle, valid California Driver's
License, a clean DMV report and California Auto Insurance.
- Must have access to a phone to receive emergency and coverage
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work inside & outside. Continuous exposure to
all weather elements/conditions. Concrete and asphalt walking
surface. Exposure to moving/mechanical machinery. Moderate to loud
noise level. Moderate dust level exposure.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Standing, sitting, walking intermittently
throughout work shift. Frequently lifting up to 50 lbs. Bending,
stooping, pulling, pushing and grasping. Gross manual dexterity
skills. Visual acuity, hearing and verbal skills required. Vehicle
travel. Able to lift up to and including 50 pounds.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Operations
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to
This is a management position
This is a full-time position