Facilities Operations Manager
Company: US AMR-Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About JLL -
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management
firm specializing in real estate. We shape the future of real
estate for a better world by using the most advanced technology to
create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real
estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and
investors achieve their business ambitions. We have operations in
over 80 countries and a global workforce of over 92,000
individuals. We believe a diverse and inclusive culture is one
where everyone succeeds. That's why we're committed to creating an
environment where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to
achieve our full potential.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But
we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a "perfect"
candidate. JLL is a place where everyone can grow no matter how
they identify or what background they bring with them. If you're a
leader of any level or experience and this job description
resonates with you, let's talk.
What this job involves
In consultation with senior account leadership, oversee the
operation, staffing, performance and development of a team of
highlyskilled technicians and managers in delivering Facilities
Management and Maintenance in a Utilities environment.This position
is responsible for achieving the expected level of service delivery
as described in the Service Level Agreements and measured by the
Key Performance Indicators.Additionally, the expected levels of
service delivery must be achieved at the lowest possible cost and
within the prescribed budget for each facility.
- Responsible for performance of team of technicians over
multiple shifts or a large scale facility to perform maintenance
and repair on client equipment and facilities systems.
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and
driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well
as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe
- Drive performance as measured by client's Key Performance
- Establish relationships with client Site Leads, business
partners such as EHS leads and FM clientele to establish trust and
credibility in the delivery of IFM services
- Resolve FM issues at sites under purview, escalating when
- Provide engineering guidance to Technician s as needed to
ensure operations are aligned with site and portfolio goals and
- Develop and manage operating expense budgets for relevant sites
including monthly variance reports
- Initiate purchase order requests for goods and services for
sites within responsibility
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers to deliver goods and
services against contracts and expectations
- Administer training to ensure compliance, readiness and
competency of staff
- Drive and promote safety culture within portfolio including
subcontractors, suppliers and visitors
- Work with Regional Manager to oversee the delivery of
maintenance and repair services.
- Ensure client satisfaction with delivery of Facility Management
services and provide a lead role in monitoring and increasing
- Act as point of contact with site occupants, property
management/ Landlords to coordinate FM activities and ensure client
needs are met
- Support the Regional Manager in the implementation of short and
long-term projects for the client as requested.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual
account plan as identified by the Account Director.
- Develop a strong collaborative team-based environment.
- Ensure compliance with JLL minimum operational audit and safety
- Assist in the development and management of the detailed,
zero-based annual operating budgets
- Import JLL best practices in the interest of exceeding client
goals and expectations
- Collaborate with account Sourcing team on national and regional
sourcing opportunities to define scope, coordinate supplier
walk-through, and manage national and regional supplier performance
at property level.
Sound like you? To apply you:
- Minimum six to eight years' experience in Operations Management
or Engineering role in an industrial environment containing
critical manufacturing environments with a mixture of industrial
and process oriented systems for building occupancy, laboratories,
and manufacturing lines.
- Engineering background preferred.
- Experience in semiconductor industry is a plus
- Experience with managing teams of 6 or more including managers,
budget responsibilities, supplier management, problem solving, and
client/ customer relations.
- Must have solid knowledge of building/ mechanical, electrical
- Experience required using CMMS systems and reporting
- Developing servicing schedules for Preventative Maintenance
including critical equipment
- Demonstrated communication skills written and verbal including
negotiation and conflict resolution
- Must have strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Word and
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to align, motivate and lead a team including creating
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Facilities
Management or Engineering is preferred
- Relevant training in MHE, Controls Systems, PIT as well as
general building operations
- Managing Budgets with adherence critical KPIs/Targets
What you can expect from us
We succeed together-across the desk and around the globe and
believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each
other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you
achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions,
investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
Apply quoting reference REQ138159 at jll.com/careers
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and
affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and
investment management services. We take our responsibility to
protect the personal information provided to us seriously.
Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the
purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment
process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with
appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it
for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it
safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data,
please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable
accommodation because of a disability for any part of the
employment process - including the online application and/or
overall selection process - you may email us at
Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an
accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries
to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are
not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose
sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a
background check for any convictions directly related to its duties
and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be
considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California
Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy
Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about
your personal information.If you are viewing this on a mobile
device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified
Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner
consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: US AMR-Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc., Santa Clara , Facilities Operations Manager, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!