Vice President of External Manufacturing Strategy
Company: Intel Corp.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Vice President of External Manufacturing Strategy
About the Business Group:
The Global Supply Chain organization contracts and sources tens
of billions of dollars on behalf of Intel Corporation. The scope of
the organization covers a wide-range of goods and services from
direct materials and equipment, to construction, software,
consulting, health care benefits, travel, logistics and so much
more. The organization's key goals are: 1) ensuring uninterrupted
supply to our customers, 2) delivering product and manufacturing
affordability through the best total cost and 3) enabling products
and the supply ecosystem to deliver non-linear value to the
About the Role:
This senior executive will lead Intel's strategy and execution
for External Manufacturing and Supply Chain, work closely with
internal and external partners and stakeholders to align roadmaps
in product, technology, supply security, production capacity, and
manufacturing cost, monitor and address related issues, as well as
drive and communicate Intel's External Manufacturing strategy. This
role requires a creative and influential leader with a broad set of
experiences in semiconductor business, technology, engineering,
manufacturing and operation strategy. Progressive and dynamic
leadership experience, in a high growth and fast paced
organization. Executive presence to engage with suppliers at the
CEO level with constructive confrontation and collaboration Ability
to excel in leading in a highly matrixed development environment.
High tolerance to ambiguity, ability to efficiently define concrete
strategies and plans in such an environment. Executes toward
results with focus and a sense of urgency.
- Stay ahead of strategic trends in the market, be the voice of
insight and advocacy to staff for next growth opportunities in
External Manufacturing for Intel.
- Establish and review key strategic priorities and translating
them into a comprehensive strategic plan & roadmaps.
- In partnership with business groups, establish strategic plans,
ensure they are reflected and mobilized in organizational strategic
- Develop, communicate, execute and sustain strategic initiatives
that accelerate Intel's External Manufacturing transformation.
- Develops and executes External Manufacturing strategies in our
supply chain, driving continuous improvement in our programs and
processes; enlists key partners and decision makers.
- Assesses and addresses a spectrum of regulatory risks impacting
the supply chain, develops solutions to enable technology
development roadmap for our fabs globally.
- Partner with Intel leadership, special committees and
consultants to support execution of key initiatives.
- Align internal/external stakeholders to ensure everyone
understands the strategic plan, form into cohesive coalitions and
carry out the company's strategic goals.
- Develop inclusive planning processes and drive decision-making
that creates medium- and long-term improvement.
- Engagement with our Global Policy Group and regulatory bodies
(UN, OECD, EU, EPA, Asia Regulatory) to influence decision making
of External Manufacturing.
- Partners extensively with key internal stakeholders, including
but not limited to Global Supply Chain, Corporate Affairs, Global
Public Policy, Corporate Services, Human Resources and Corporate
- Is recognized internally and externally as a thought leader in
shaping the direction and formulating creative approaches to
address critical Supply Chain challenges both within and beyond our
industry. Works with selected external consortia and bodies to
influence the strategic agenda.
- Build and cultivate strong Orgs, promote an inclusive culture
where our people thrive and collaborate across boundaries.
Demonstrated results and accountability for broad leadership,
building of followership and role modeling of Intel's cultural
- Customer obsessed - seek to understand what matters most to our
customers, listening more and talking less.
- One Intel - "we" before "me". We work across boundaries,
collaborating across the aisle and around the world.
- Fearless - We are bold. We take risks and challenge ourselves.
We fail fast, iterate and continuously improve.
- Truth and Transparency - allows the best ideas to emerge and
speeds our ability to solve problems faster.
- Inclusion - Inclusion runs through each attribute and is
integral to our culture evolution.
- Quality - Ensure a safe workplace and demonstrate discipline to
deliver the products and services that our customers and partners
can always rely on.
- Must have demonstrated ability to thrive, inspire and
coordinate strategic alignment across different environments - from
entrepreneurial to long-tenured
- Creative thinker, influential collaborator, and diligent
- Industry experience and savvy in recognizing external markets
shifts in competitive opportunities/threats.
- Ability to anticipate and plan for transformative moves to
drive growth and new business models.
- Leverages a combination of business acumen, technical depth,
organization savvy, networking capabilities to deliver results
across multiple groups and disciplines
- Able to lead multi-discipline, complex programs and
- Excels in enlisting support and coalition building across
partners and stakeholders both such as TD, suppliers, governments,
civil society, and consortia
- Can synthesize abstract complex information into clear
messages, and adapts style to address a variety of audiences;
excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to cultivate productive
relationships with internal and external stakeholders, partners,
- Well rounded and effective leader who engages and motivates
teams, colleagues and senior leaders toward compelling vision in
sustainability and technology roadmap.
- Increasingly leverages expertise to drive innovation, challenge
status quo, and significantly enrich their sphere of
- Has implemented improved and innovative methods to deliver
breakthrough business results either at corporate level.
- Breaks new ground in the way business is done to radically
improve or drive growth, time-to-market, revenue, or other tangible
Advanced Technical degree + MBA preferred, with minimum of 15+
years of semiconductor consulting, including but not limited to:
engineering, supply chain, brand management, strategy and
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make
every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from
semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield
improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world
class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the
Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network
of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test
facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to
bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious
creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and
veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this
position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background
Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended
education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks.
For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior
to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact
USExperienced HireJR0160478Santa Clara
Keywords: Intel Corp., Santa Clara , Vice President of External Manufacturing Strategy, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!