Company: Jones Lang LaSalle
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Were JLL. Were a global services firm specializing in facilities
management for some of the worlds most prestigious companies. Every
day, we help our clients achieve their ambitions while giving our
team members opportunities to achieve theirs. Come join our growing
team in Santa Clara, CA and be part of our success
Responsible for the operational management and effective daily
leadership of the engineering team at 300K sf site with 5
buildings, including GMP and lab operations. Possess highest level
of professionalism to meet clients performance expectations with a
focus on service delivery. Protect and improve the value of the
clients assets while balancing cost-effective repair and
maintenance activities. This is a great opportunity for current
Chief Engineer looking to broaden and deepen operational and
The Chief Engineer will implement and manage all reliability-based
maintenance functions, including:
- Perform equipment inspection and improve monitoring
- Ensure compliance with all SOPs for operating in GMP/lab work
environment. Responsible for teams adherence to Quality and
- Implement maintenance best practices to improve overall
mechanical equipment uptime
- Continuously evaluate current maintenance operations and
- Make changes to enhance operational effectiveness and increase
- Provide on-site leadership presence to JLL site operations team
including engineering, workplace services and warehouse. Interface
with clients/customers to resolve concerns.
- Directly supervise and manage engineers and maintenance staff
including hiring, training and career development.
- Manage team scheduling including assignments for on-call
systems monitoring, after hours support of client projects, weekend
work with suppliers
- Partner with client teams (Security, Project Mgmt, IT, GMP
Operations, Quality) to coordinate and improve work execution that
minimizes disruption to customers and achieves client
- Oversee supplier activities and service delivery. Ensure 3rd
party work is performed in accordance with service agreements and
- Strong background in innovation and implementation of best
- Work closely with site lead to manage budget. Identify and
implement cost-savings opportunities and operational
- Facilitate service delivery by soft services providers
including janitorial services, COVID disinfection, pest control.
Coordinate service provider and engineer team activities to
minimize business disruptions.
- Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling
and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and
hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other
mechanical and electrical equipment
- Review logs as necessary to assure proper operation of
equipment. Responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on
an as need basis.
- Performs preventive tasks when required. Oversees repair and
regular scheduled PMs of HVAC systems. determines frequency of
repair and PMs for HVAC systems.
- Ensures availability of an adequate inventory of tools and
other supplies to operate the building. Preparing purchase orders
requests, develop sources for stock materials and perform periodic
checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors
working within the building
- Review and implement improvements to multiple automation
- Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the
remediation of such hazards to ensure that the buildings staff and
occupants work in a safe environment.
- Work with JLL Safety Lead to administer and manage safety
- Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines
are met as they relate to the operation of the buildings
infrastructure. Responsible for alerting management of building
- Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for
the site, as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of
maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local
- Provide training and support aimed at expanding the
capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include but
are not limited to:
- Demonstrate the proper use and care of tools and
- Provide hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and
- Support and recommend relevant outside engineering
courses/certification programs to team members.
- Develop overall level of professionalism of team in manner and
- Associate Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent
- 7+ years facility related work. Managerial experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance processes.
- Understands aspects of construction planning and
- Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering,
mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft
Office and CMMS systems (SAP, Archibus)
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer
- Certification as a Universal Technician for CFCs (or within 90
days of employment)
- Operating Engineers license (SMA) or equivalent
- Expense Management experience
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and
affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and
investment management services. We take our responsibility to
protect the personal information provided to us seriously.
Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the
purposes of processing in connection with JLLs recruitment process.
We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with
appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it
for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it
safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data,
please view our .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable
accommodation because of a disability for any part of the
employment process including the online application and/or overall
selection process you may email us at . This email is only to
request an accommodation. Please direct any other general
recruiting inquiries to our page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are
not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose
sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a
background check for any convictions directly related to its duties
and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be
considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California
Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our which describes your
rights and disclosures about your personal information.If you are
viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA
version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified
Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner
consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: Jones Lang LaSalle, Santa Clara , Chief Engineer, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!