Join Elwyn California!
ABOUT ELWYN CALIFORNIA
Elwyn California, is a subsidiary of Elwyn, a premier non-profit
human services organization dedicated to serving children and
adults with special needs. Elwyn was founded in 1852, providing
innovative services for people with developmental disabilities
since its inception.
We believe that all people deserve an opportunity to build
meaningful, independent lives. Individuals and families find
support through Elwyn California programs to learn, work, and live
as they choose and as independently as possible.
Elwyn California Mission Statement
Maximizing potential through personal commitment, collective
talents and innovation, Elwyn California supports individuals with
diverse challenges in shaping distinctive, meaningful lives.
Elwyn California Vision Statement
Through partnerships with families, communities and government,
Elwyn California will be the provider of choice for people with
Elwyn California Residential Programs
Elwyn California provides care for people with Developmental
Disabilities and skilled nursing needs via a sophisticated, state
of the art, alternative model of care. People live in single family
homes, with individual bedrooms and all the typical "home-like"
amenities, as opposed to having to live in larger congregate
Likewise, our employees enjoy a smaller, more personal and
home-like working environment, as well as the opportunity to
provide a very high level of quality care based upon the smaller
number of residents (typically 4-5 per home) and the high staff to
Elwyn California is currently seeking a PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR to
work with our team in residential group homes. This is an exempt
level position reporting to the Regional Director.
Who are we looking for? YOU. We want team members that operate
with integrity, are reliable, enjoy doing a good job and get
excited about impacting the lives of others.
Who are we? We are Elwyn. We are the leader in education,
treatment, and support services to children and adults with autism,
intellectual and developmental disabilities, and related behavioral
What do we offer? We offer excellent health/wellness benefits,
generous time-off, paid training, retirement benefits, career
growth and a safe work environment (PPE).
- The Program Administrator will have the overall administrative
and supervisory responsibility and case management coordination and
oversight for the 24/7 operations of two 962 residential
- Responsible for ensuring that any suspicion of or knowledge of
suspected abuse is reported in accordance with the law and program
policies. "Mandated Reporter" (SOC 341).
- Elwyn personnel,
- Regional Center personnel,
- DDS personnel,
- medical, nursing,
- ancillary staff,
- other provider agencies,
- public officials,
- CCL and DDS.
Qualified applicants shall meet one or more of the following
- A licensed registered nurse;
- a licensed nursing home administrator;
- a licensed psychiatric technician with at least five years of
experience serving individuals with developmental
- Possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited program in the
health or human services field plus two years experience working in
a licensed residential program for persons with developmental
disabilities and special health care needs.
- Successful experience in administering residential services to
people with mental retardation for at least two years, as evidenced
by substantial compliance with the applicable state and federal
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must hold valid (current within one year of date of hire) or
else complete a DOJ and FBI fingerprint and criminal clearance and
a health screening including a TB test.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership skills.
- Computer skills required.
- Must have current valid CA driver's license.
- Ability to complete all trainings as required by applicable
regulations, including, but not limited to, DSP1 and DSP2.
Must possess and maintain sufficient strength, agility,
endurance and sensory ability to perform the duties contained in
this job description successfully. See attached physical
requirements. Must be able to be on-call 24/7
- Allocates 20 hours per week to each 962/853 home under their
- Hours of work may vary but the predominant schedule will be
- Ongoing interaction with clients and staff.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne
pathogens, medicinal preparations and other common conditions in a
home health-care environment.
- Has overall administrative responsibility for two SB 962 homes
including but not limited to:
- Coordination of SB 962/853 program with RegionalCenter and
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and therapeutic environment for all
- Ensures that the health care plan is implemented
- Ensures that self and staff adhere to all Elwyn NC Policies and
Procedures, standards of care and complies with all regulatory
- Hiring, staffing, evaluating of employees
- Training of staff
- Coordinates ancillary services such as PT, OT, etc.
- Survey compliance and writing and implementing plans of
- Vendor selection, purchasing
- Program planning and case management
- Maintains communication with Executive Director, families,
regional center, etc.
- Has on call responsibility
Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwyn California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Qualified applicants may apply for this position at
#CA #CB #MON #ZR