Chief Financial Development Officer
Company: YMCA of the USA
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We help people find a place to belong, a passion to pursue, and
a path towards helping others. Join our cause and make a
YMCA of Silicon Valley
Serving as a member of the President/CEOs senior leadership
team, the Chief Financial Development Officer (CDO) provides
strategic leadership and high-level personal engagement to advance
the YMCAs mission through annual giving, government and foundation
grants, endowment development, and through capital and
comprehensive campaign formats. The CDO is a key leader with the
CEO in developing an actively engaged fundraising volunteer board
of directors, and in positioning the YMCA as a charity of choice
for the investment of donations within the local community. The CDO
serves as staff liaison to the Board Development Committee, is a
key leader in strategic planning, and leads the development and
realization of the Ys case for philanthropic support.
1. Ten or more years of professional experience in philanthropy
with higher education, the YMCA, or another non-profit
2. Experience successfully leading campaigns and effectively
coaching staff and volunteers.
3. Ability to build meaningful relationships with to top community
leaders, donors and diverse groups of people from all segments of
4. Working knowledge of giving and charitable vehicles.
5. Ability to create interpretive materials to enable potential
donors to understand the YMCA and how they contribute to the
achievement of its mission.
6. Evidence of securing transformational gifts of $1M and greater
from individual donors.
7. Track record of success in securing foundation and government
8. Knowledge of effective marketing and communications
9. Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent; advance
10. CFRE or equivalent preferred; YMCA Organizational Leader
1. Develops and achieves comprehensive association strategic
fund development plan.
2. Serves as primary staff to Tasks Forces and Committees and other
assigned committees of the Board of Directors focused on fund
development and positioning. Develops strategies to increase
volunteer engagement at all levels of financial development.
3. Develops processes and is actively involved in identifying,
cultivating, and soliciting major gift prospects. Maintains
database resource file on top community leaders.
4. Oversee the staff and administrative functions for annual
campaign, government sources, private foundations and contribution
acknowledgment, recording and reporting.
5. Ensures systems and resources needed to carry out the
fundraising plans. Establishes and monitors the financial
development department budget for the YMCA.
6. Develops appropriate fundraising policies and procedures for the
7. Educates, motivates and provides feedback to individuals related
to best practices in the fundraising process.
8. Ensures communication plans to ensure members, participants, and
the community understand the case for support. Oversees any
communication and recognition efforts
9. Represents the association as required by the President.
The Y: Were for youth development, healthy living, and social
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Mission Advancement: Incorporates the Ys
mission and values into the organizations vision and strategies.
Ensures community engagement; promotes the global nature of the Y.
Leads a culture of volunteerism ensuring engagement, inclusion, and
ownership. Leads a culture of philanthropy.
Collaboration: Advocates for and institutionalizes
inclusion and diversity throughout the organization. Initiates the
development of relationships with influential leaders to impact and
strengthen the community. Is recognized as an inspirational
community leader who navigates complex political and social circles
with ease. Communicates to engage and inspire people within and
outside the YMCA. Ensures that a talent management system is in
place and executed effectively.
Operational Effectiveness: Possesses penetrating
insight and strong strategic and critical thinking skills. Invests
resources in well-designed innovation initiatives. Creates a
structure to deliver organization-wide results to achieve
objectives. Develops and implements stewardship strategies.
Determines benchmarks and ensures appropriate leadership to meet
Personal Growth: Creates a learning organization.
Effectively drives change by leveraging resources and creating
alignment to expand organizational opportunities. Shares authority
and demonstrates courage and humility. Has the functional and
technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best
practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in
Keywords: YMCA of the USA, Santa Clara , Chief Financial Development Officer, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!