Senior Product Demand Manager
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and
cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our
extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal
stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging
catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral
Our location in Santa Clara, CA currently has an opportunity for
a Sr Product Demand Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Responsible for generating the Demand Plan, developing new
tools, techniques and training for driving organizational
excellence in demand planning.
- Drive organizational change in the visibility, ability and
accountability for demand planning throughout the global
- Lead cross-functional teams/groups with little supervision, to
develop new processes and procedures for effective demand
- Ensure alignment with supply, commercial, financial and
Long-range (5 year) plans.
- Provide to the marketing and supply teams a division-level
perspective on products, markets, and operations.
- Coach others on all aspects of demand planning.
- Generate Product Demand Plans for 18 month planning horizon, in
collaboration with commercial partners across the globe. Analyze
short and long-term demand accuracy to understand sources of
- Provide expertise on the latest benchmarks and best practices
for demand planning across the industry.
- Create proposals for developing processes and procedures to
increase demand accuracy, and reduce organizational risk.
- Propose the allocation of resources to assist in managing
demand planning across product lines and geographies.
- Coach others within marketing on the best practices and key
learnings for demand planning.
- Coach others within Demand Planning in the development of
projects and/or programs.
- Build strategic partnerships to further departmental and
- Represent the interests of the commercial team with operations,
and of the supply teams to worldwide marketing.
- Have thorough understanding of AV business, product lines,
market space, and operational structure.
- Champion an issue that has major implications for the company
and may lead to accomplishing long-range objectives.
- Provide broad, technical advice.
- Mentor employees by sharing technical expertise and providing
feedback and guidance.
- Act as an advisor to senior management on specialized business
projects (Operational and Commercial). Act as a mentor to key staff
- Demonstrate leadership and management qualities.
- Actively participate in comprehensive development of plans
including an outline of duties and project assignments.
- Demonstrate independence by prioritizing and completing
- Determine emerging trends and provides information across
functional boundaries in areas of expertise.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result
in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect
the image of the organization's technological capability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
Bachelor's degree (REQUIRED) with minimum of 8 years of related
work experience with a strong understanding of specified functional
area. Speaking/Presentation skills required.
- Hyperion experience a plus
- SAP APO DP experience a plus
- Business Objects experience a plus
- COGNOS experience a plus
- Medical Device experience a plus
- Capital Equipment experience a plus
- Demand Planning / FP&A experience
- Excel / Powerpoint expertise
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Santa Clara , Senior Product Demand Manager, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!