Senior Hardware Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Koch Industries, Inc.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Sentient Energy in Santa Clara, CA is looking for a Senior
Hardware Manufacturing Engineer. This role is critical to our
production operations and supports the organization by developing
and improving manufacturing processes and product quality.
Responsible for bringing new hardware designs to market and driving
DFx in all designs by working with the Sentient Engineering
This role is primarily responsible for the design and continued
improvement of our hardware products to ensure components meet
process capabilities, and all products are capable of volume
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develops manufacturing processes by applying their knowledge of
mechanical product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and
materials. Utilize Suppliers and equipment vendors to support this
- Maintains and improves product and processes quality by
generating NPI instructions and releasing in Propel PLCM tool
- Designs and recommend tools and equipment needed to build
- Train Suppliers and EMS personnel on specified equipment or
tools and building Sentient products
- Utilizes expert mechanical fabrication understanding of plastic
and metal components in defining suitability for use in
- Reviews and approves Sentient documentation, ensuring all
tolerances of products are thoroughly assessed and validated
- Identifies alternative sources for fabricated components to aid
in volume production
- Acts as primary liaison with supplies in order to champion best
- Proposes and manages DOEs to develop and verify design
- Works with Sentient Quality Assurance to resolve identified
issues and improve quality trends
- Presents information to cross functional team as required
- Contributes to leadership effort by accomplishing related
results on schedule and with the highest regards for product
The Experience You Will Bring
5+ years of Manufacturing Engineering ExperienceBS in
Engineering or manufacturing related fieldPCBA/PCB fabrication and
assembly experienceExperience in design practices (IE: DFx on
mechanical and PCBA products)Experience in Solidworks design
toolsExperience with LTE Networks and antennasStrong understanding
of tooling requirements for fabricated componentsStrong Project
Management skillsStrong verbal and written communication
skillsAbility to travel domestically and internationally up to
What Will Put You Ahead
- Demonstrated team leadership experience
- Expert in Materials sciences as they relate to DFM
- Experience with mesh networks (Itron, Landis & Gyr and
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment
are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website
for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Keywords: Koch Industries, Inc., Santa Clara , Senior Hardware Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!