Director Financial Accounting
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 9, 2021
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is
possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by
driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and
visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive
platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
Director Technical Accounting The Role
This highly visible leadership position plays a
meaningful role in the development and review process of business
arrangements and contracts. Work cross-functionally with both U.S.
and international teams, including legal, finance and non-finance
business partners in analyzing transactions, determining accounting
treatment and the impact on budgets and forecasts.
The ideal candidate should have a bias for action,
a sense of collaboration, and voice to influence and make
recommendations in a dynamic environment. The candidate will have
the demonstrated ability to effectively interact with multiple
teams and various levels of management. Does this sound like you?
- Expertise evaluating financial and accounting aspects of
business structures and contracts.
- Responsible for technical review, and financial reporting, of
various accounting matters to ensure compliance with US GAAP and
other applicable regulatory bodies.
- Proactively identify, research, consult and prepare / review
technical memorandums on proposed and or completed transactions and
- Contribute to the quarterly technical accounting update program
covering the various regulatory bodies. Monitor, understand, and
interpret new and proposed accounting pronouncements in partnership
with internal Tax teams and external auditors.
- Perform ad-hoc technical accounting research and provide
guidance to Corporate Accounting team and Business Unit groups
within the company.
- Facilitate trainings on relevant accounting topics to AMD
personnel, as needed.
- Provide insight to or participate in preparation of new or
existing accounting policies with Accounting Policy Governance team
based on evolving industry standards and practices and inspire
changes in those areas.
- Attend, and actively participate in, monthly close meetings run
by the corporate accounting and business unit finance teams.
- Support the External Reporting team with reviews of the
MD&A, statements, and footnotes in SEC filings.
- Responsible for 404 compliance for direct areas of
responsibility and support overall 404 compliance.
- Progressive experience - preferably a combination of senior
manager level Big 4 accounting firm coupled with and
multi-national, high growth public company.
- Advanced understanding of accounting processes and
- Demonstrated ability to assess contracts and influence
recommended changes as required.
- Strong data gathering and analytical skills.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and
- Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy; ability to meet
- Judgment and critical thinking coupled with strong
- Excellent team player who can build and leverage
- Strong multi-tasking and ability to adapt to change.
- Proficiency in WORD, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or equivalent
- Licensed active CPA
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Requisition Number: 87921
Country: United States State:
California City: Santa Clara
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Santa Clara , Director Financial Accounting, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!